Yahoo Fantasy Problem -- BIG PROBLEM, NEED HELP ASAP - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo Fantasy Problem -- BIG PROBLEM, NEED HELP ASAP

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:43 am

Why people set up a Yahoo account and then enter fake info for password recovery is beyond me. Basically, he is screwed. You could try to email Yahoo CS on his behalf and explain the situation but I would not hold your breathe.
If it were CBS Commissioner you could re-assign the team to a new owner (same person with different email as the case may warrant) but Yahoo does not offer that to my knowledge.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby swyck » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:31 pm

Set his team and forget it. Check it every once in a while to clear out deadwood.

I doubt Yahoo will be forgiving here, since those accounts can be used for more then just fantasy games. Still, an email from the user to customer service is the only hope. Its worth a shot. If they have a valid external eamil account that is tied to the Yahoo account, Yahoo may reset and send the new password to them. I doubt an email from you will make a difference.

There's a reason to set up password recovery options, but I guess novices about may not realize the need. This is something to remember when setting up a Yahoo league, but how can you make sure all league members have proper accounts?
swyck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 14)

Postby mbuser » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:22 pm

if the commissioner requests a transfer of team ownership it can be done -- have him get a new yahoo id and then email customer service requesting a transfer to the new id and everyone is happy. its his own fault for missing any stats to this point
mbuser
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby beltrans_boy » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:28 pm

mbuser wrote:if the commissioner requests a transfer of team ownership it can be done -- have him get a new yahoo id and then email customer service requesting a transfer to the new id and everyone is happy. its his own fault for missing any stats to this point

That's a really good idea. I'll try that ASAP! Thanks!

;-D
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby LBJackal » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:33 pm

mbuser wrote:if the commissioner requests a transfer of team ownership it can be done -- have him get a new yahoo id and then email customer service requesting a transfer to the new id and everyone is happy. its his own fault for missing any stats to this point

Really? From what I've heard from Yahoo, it absolutely can't be done once the season has started. I'm pretty sure I read that on the site before.

Just get Yahoo to send him his password in an eMail to his secondary account. Or did he give a fake eMail address too? :-b

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby beltrans_boy » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:04 pm

LBJackal wrote:

Really? From what I've heard from Yahoo, it absolutely can't be done once the season has started. I'm pretty sure I read that on the site before.

Just get Yahoo to send him his password in an eMail to his secondary account. Or did he give a fake eMail address too? :-b

I'm sure he gave a fake e-mail address too. Look, I dunno WHAT happened. I don't understand how you can lose/change a password without knowing it, but it happened, and now as the commish, I don't want the league to die off because of it. Especially not, since it's a money league and there's over $200 on the line...

:-o
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Payne Dailey » Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:02 pm

beltrans_boy wrote: I don't want the league to die off because of it. Especially not, since it's a money league and there's over $200 on the line...

:-o

I'd just set his lineup and tell him you'll help with add/drops/trades whenever it's possible but I wouldn't go out of my way (ie 3am lineup change) to manage his team. It's his fault so it's his lost.
Payne Dailey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby boilerbum » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:26 pm

This happened to us once, so we set up a new league and manually redrafted. It was kind of annoying, but worth it, b/c it didn't screw up the whole season. We did it before the season started though... so I'm not sure if Yahoo will use week 1's stats or not.

It also might be hard to get waiver priorities set up correctly if you do this if your league has already started adding and dropping players.

Good luck.

boilerbum
boilerbum
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby ThunderSnarfer » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:47 pm

You can use retroactive stats on yahoo.....
ThunderSnarfer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Leiter Fan » Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:02 pm

Here are my thoughts:

(1) Good luck getting any response or help from Yahoo. Last year, we had a mystery team that hid his/her email address (and never did anything in the league after the autodraft) and Yahoo did nothing to help recify the situation or switch ownership to another owner. Never even returned a phone call or email.

(2) This league member of yours is either stupid or considers your league to be a joke. That's the only explanation for doing something as monumentally stupid as posting falso info. Therefore, I would not go out of my way to help him, because there is nothing to say he won't keep acting like this. Your league is probably better off without his participation.

(3) This is his problem, not yours and certainly none of the other league members. Therefore, any option involving any inconvenience to any other league members, like another draft (unless all of you ware VERY close friends), should not be considered.

(4) This guy's stupidity doesn't absolve him of his obligations. If money is on the line, then he still owes his fee. It will teach him to use his brain next time.
"One of the teams represents truth, justice, the American way, and underdogs everywhere. The other represents George Steinbrenner!" - U.S. News and World Reports columnist John Leo on the difference between the Mets and the Yankees.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers