Yahoo Fantasy Problem -- BIG PROBLEM, NEED HELP ASAP - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo Fantasy Problem -- BIG PROBLEM, NEED HELP ASAP

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo Fantasy Problem -- BIG PROBLEM, NEED HELP ASAP

Postby beltrans_boy » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:29 am

OK, so I'm in a 10-team H2H money league with my friends here at school. The league is going very well and it is very competitive and everything.

We have a huge problem now. One of the managers in the league forgot/lost/accidentally changed his password, and now he can't log into his team to set rosters, add/drop, or trade. As the commish, I can set his lineups, but it's kind of tedious, and it's not something that I'd like to be doing for the rest of the year. He can't make trades, and he can't add or drop players either, so his team is kind of stuck.

Is there any way for him to recover his password from Yahoo? He put fake info for all the password recovery stuff, so that's not an option. Can I, as the commish, e-mail Yahoo about it and get something done? I really don't want our league to get messed up because of something like this. Has anyone else had any trouble with something like this? What did you guys do?

Thanks in advance, guys!

:~(
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:32 am

That's what he gets for using fake info. :-°

I'd set his roster and be done with it. B-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby gtabaplayr1 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:33 am

If you trust the guy just give him your yahoo id and password so he can set everything himself. I have set lineups for my friends before for fantasy football and it worked out fine.
gtabaplayr1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby kentx12 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:32 am

Madison wrote:That's what he gets for using fake info. :-°

I'd set his roster and be done with it. B-)

I agree with Madison here. It isnt your place to have to keep his team running for him. I would set it one time and leave it.

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby nazarko329 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:40 am

Can the commissioner kick the Owner out and sign a new Owner up? Not sure how yahoo works, but Cbssportsline allows you to do this. Good luck
nazarko329
College Coach
College Coach

Postby SouthBronxBombers » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:01 am

Didn't he have to give them a real email address? Or at the least get a free yahoo one? It has been a long time since I first signed up for yahoo, but I thought I remembered their either needed a real email for verification or signing up for theirs. If so, can't he just ask them to email a new password they generate to the email address on file for him?
SouthBronxBombers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby phunkadelic » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:33 am

I knew someone that had a Yahoo ID and somebody else got into her account and changed her password and personal info. She could never get back onto her account after constant pleading with Yahoo since she had important financial info in her e-mails and such.

I'd set his team once with the best possible lineup, and only change it when one of his guys goes on the DL. Maybe once a month let him tell you what guys he wants to drop/pick up, and do that for him. Make sure you're up front with all the other owners as to how involved you'll be with his team.
phunkadelic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby SouthBronxBombers » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:36 am

If you want a quick and easy solution, just create a new league on yahoo. You still can. Give everybody the same teams and go from there.
SouthBronxBombers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby tms298 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:19 am

or better yet... give the person access to your account and let HIM/HER manually enter the players for the offline draft to redo the league.
tms298
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Dans » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:35 am

if you create a new league won't you lose all the stats from the first week of the season? No one will be happy with that.

Truth is this really isn't your problem. Let him deal with Yahoo to see if he can get back in but that's not your responsibility. I'd set it once and be done with it.
Dans
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers