Biggio Just qualified at 2nd in Yahoo (after today)! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Biggio Just qualified at 2nd in Yahoo (after today)!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Biggio Just qualified at 2nd in Yahoo (after today)!

Postby Kelly Gruber » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:42 am

I don't know if this has been said yet, but in case it hasn't, GO PICK HIM UP NOW if you don't have one of the top 3-4 second basement, IMO. This guy is a good vet on a team in need of leadership by example. Also, he's been swinging the bat well and already has 2 SB's. I'd say he finishes as one of the top 5.
An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer
Kelly Gruber
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby toofunnyy » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:15 am

Kaz too
toofunnyy Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Biggio Just qualified at 2nd in Yahoo (after today)!

Postby Leiter Fan » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:19 am

Kelly Gruber wrote:I don't know if this has been said yet, but in case it hasn't, GO PICK HIM UP NOW if you don't have one of the top 3-4 second basement, IMO. This guy is a good vet on a team in need of leadership by example. Also, he's been swinging the bat well and already has 2 SB's. I'd say he finishes as one of the top 5.

I don't think I'd go that far. The guy is 39 years old, and somehow posted numbers last year FAR exceeding his recent years stats. And now he has much less protection in that lineup.

Definitely worth picking up though. Same can be said for Kaz (personally, I chose Kaz over Biggio just because of the age and Beltran hitting behind him).
"One of the teams represents truth, justice, the American way, and underdogs everywhere. The other represents George Steinbrenner!" - U.S. News and World Reports columnist John Leo on the difference between the Mets and the Yankees.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby daullaz » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:35 am

Thanks for the heads-up. ;-D
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby slomo007 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:37 am

Leiter Fan wrote:
Kelly Gruber wrote:I don't know if this has been said yet, but in case it hasn't, GO PICK HIM UP NOW if you don't have one of the top 3-4 second basement, IMO. This guy is a good vet on a team in need of leadership by example. Also, he's been swinging the bat well and already has 2 SB's. I'd say he finishes as one of the top 5.

I don't think I'd go that far. The guy is 39 years old, and somehow posted numbers last year FAR exceeding his recent years stats. And now he has much less protection in that lineup.

Definitely worth picking up though. Same can be said for Kaz (personally, I chose Kaz over Biggio just because of the age and Beltran hitting behind him).

Hey Leiter Fan...good to see you again, first time since last season some time.

Regarding Biggio: He changed his stance last season, that would explain the reason for the increase in stats. I expect him to come pretty close to last year's stats, with maybe a very slight dropoff due to age, but not much. He'll be a very solid 2b.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby studplaya1114 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:41 am

Yea pick him up(if he is still on the ww), Biggio has great value at 2b
studplaya1114
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bd3521 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:48 am

Kaz and Reyes should be SS and 2B now. how handy ;-D
[url]http://www.footballguys.com/05vbdrevisited.htm[/url]
bd3521
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Turnip » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:59 am

it hasn't shown up yet for me! I want to start him at 2B tomorrow
Turnip from the FFCafe!
Turnip
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:34 am

I picked him up anywhere I could...I don't care if he's old, he can still hit and score runs. He could also steal a bunch of bases this year since Houston's doing a little more running this year. ;-D

I also got him as insurance for Marcus Giles since he seems like he wants to get hurt again. !+)
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Baseball Leftovers