X. Naday??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

X. Naday???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yoda » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:46 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Yoda wrote:
KolbSaves wrote:My point is that it is more likely than you think it was for Nady to play third.

OK whatever. Seems like such a stupid thing to bring up to try and prove someone wrong. Not like you proved me wrong anyway but hey, whatever floats your boat. :-D

To play a bit of Devil's Advocate, "seems like such a stupid thing to bring up to try and prove someone wrong. Not like you proved him wrong anyway but hey, whatever floats your boat. :-D"

Looks like a bit of the pot calling the kettle black. Basically, he feels Nady has a greater shot at playing 3B than you're giving him. You think he has less of a shot than he does. That's it. It's all a matter of what you feel the team is thinking and what their plan is. None of us have an inking of an actual clue, so all we can do is speculate. No need to discredit people for their views on the matter.

That's fine at all but consider this. Kolbsaves took the time to search for a post from 3 months ago just to disprove something I said back then. Which is ok but Nady hasn't even played 3B with the season half way over. So far I was right and there is only a slight chance that I will be wrong on this issue. So what's the point? Save it until I am wrong. That is all I will say about this.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KolbSaves » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:52 pm

Dude, don't even worry about it. I searched for the appropriate thread when I found that bit of news (I had remembered there was a thread). It wasn't a personal shot, it was in fun.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby davidmarver » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:14 pm

I think Bochy may be forced to come to his senses and play Nady at third once Roberts, Nevin, Loretta, Hernandez, etc., etc. return from injury. Nady's second on the team in homeruns with limited playing time...Burroughs is hitting .268 with not an ounce of power. Nady has already played 3 games at third this year; it's only a matter of time until he takes over.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby bellybrother » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:33 pm

I don't care where he plays so long as he plays. I need him in the lineup somewhere. And at worst I hope they do something in the off season to get him in the lineup everyday. I bought him for $6 at our keeper auction this year.
bellybrother
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby thehat » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:41 pm

davidmarver wrote:I think Bochy may be forced to come to his senses and play Nady at third once Roberts, Nevin, Loretta, Hernandez, etc., etc. return from injury. Nady's second on the team in homeruns with limited playing time...Burroughs is hitting .268 with not an ounce of power. Nady has already played 3 games at third this year; it's only a matter of time until he takes over.

At least vs. lefties, DM. And since Burroughs is not about to be confused with Brooks Robinson at the hot corner, maybe more than that.

However, this all becomes moot if SD trades for a 3B, and they're in the mix.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby davidmarver » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:00 am

thehat wrote:
davidmarver wrote:I think Bochy may be forced to come to his senses and play Nady at third once Roberts, Nevin, Loretta, Hernandez, etc., etc. return from injury. Nady's second on the team in homeruns with limited playing time...Burroughs is hitting .268 with not an ounce of power. Nady has already played 3 games at third this year; it's only a matter of time until he takes over.

At least vs. lefties, DM. And since Burroughs is not about to be confused with Brooks Robinson at the hot corner, maybe more than that.

However, this all becomes moot if SD trades for a 3B, and they're in the mix.

I think, if the Padres trade, it'll be for another arm. Redding has been nothing short of horrible, May hasn't shown very much, and Eaton's hurt right now. Besides, once the other players return, the guys starting now will be relegated to the bench...except for Nady, I hope. Either play him at third or move Nevin back to third, Klesko to first, and give Nady left field. While the second one is far more drastic than the first, I still wouldn't mind...it'd be worth getting Burroughs (just grounded out to end the inning with 2 on :-C ) out of the lineup.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby wrveres » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:20 am

It does seem like this thread was bropught back up just to try and prove a point. I can't see Nady getting a ton of AB's at 3B anyways. Even if he did, what roto value would that really serve. 3B is a fairly deep position, and since Nady does't play everyday you would have to try and juggle you lineups everyday guessing whether or not Nady is even going to start. My guess is you would get burned more times than not, since he plays on the west coast and most games are over before you even know he is starting.

so what is all of this fuss over?
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 761)

Postby davidmarver » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:42 am

Nothing, I guess...but what if Nady was given the starting job at 3b? You can't possibly still back Burroughs with his average average, no power, and average (at the very best) defense.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby wrveres » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:46 am

Burroughs is not having a good year, yes thats a given. But I am not ready to put him out to pasture for Geoff Blum, as you have suggested, and for X-Nady, in the middle of a pennant race. Sean is our best option at 3B, barring a trade.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 761)

Postby davidmarver » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:49 am

wrveres wrote:Burroughs is not having a good year, yes thats a given. But I am not ready to put him out to pasture for Geoff Blum, as you have suggested, and for X-Nady, in the middle of a pennant race. Sean is our best option at 3B, barring a trade.

But you havn't seen Nady at third and it's not like the roster hasn't been shaken up as is. Nady could not do worse than Sean is at third. Sean has hurt the team this season, not helped it.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers