X. Naday??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

X. Naday???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Fmkraw » Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:31 pm

Nady is the real deal! remember that a lot of guys in MLB come out of seemingly nowhere. How many of us knew who Albert Pujols was when he busted on the scene?
Fmkraw
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dmville » Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:53 pm

I think Nady will keep getting a good amount of starts in CF even after Roberts is back. Just a better bat. Roberts can come in as a late inning pinch runner for the speedy Klesko and take CF and move Nady over to LF.

Look at Roberts double rate, about 10% of his hit are doubles. To me that means he isn't a gap hitter, which you need to be at Petco. Compare that to other fast, avergage hitting CF's (Lofton last 5 years, Preston Wilson) who have 15% and 20+% hits as doubles.

If you need a guy who can bunt his way on and beat out grounders, Roberts is your man. If you need someone who can drive in runs and get to second with his bat, Nady is it.
Dmville
Dmville
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby stratusfactionrt » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:05 pm

http://fantasysports.yahoo.com/analysis/news?slug=mr-skinny_041105&prov=yhoo&type=lgns&league=fantasy/mlb

Eric Young's injury all but assures Nady the one thing he's been thirsting for since he debuted with the Padres in 2000 – regular big league at-bats. He spent most of the 2004 season in the minors, where he hit a career-best .330 with 22 homers and 70 RBI's in 74 games between trips to San Diego. Despite a torrid spring in which he hit .357 with five more homers, Nady was scheduled to return to a utility role when Dave Roberts was ready to go. That all changed when Young crashed into the center field wall on Thursday. He'll miss at least half the season, though likely more. Nady, a top prospect in the Padres organization since 2000, now has his shot as a regular.

I picked him up and think he'll continue to do well with the playing time.
stratusfactionrt
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby fan-addict » Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:46 am

i have had nady on my fantasy radar for the past three years including this one. and this year at the beginning of spring training i read a quote from bochy(sorry, don't have a link) saying that he was going to get nady 400-450 at bats this year. moving him all over the diamond. all outfield spots and both corner infield spots. then nady had a dandy spring. i bought him at my auction and expect him to get his 400+at bats this year. and if nevin, burroughs, giles, klesko or roberts(again) go down for any length of time he will get more. i like his chances. i'm gonna keep him active and(deep n.l. only league) reap the benefits just like i did from feliz last year.
fan-addict
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby AcidRock23 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:29 am

Fmkraw wrote:Nady is the real deal! remember that a lot of guys in MLB come out of seemingly nowhere. How many of us knew who Albert Pujols was when he busted on the scene?

8-o !!!!

*crossing fingers* ;-)
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby contrastiktion » Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:07 pm

4-4 today

keep those fingers crossed acidrock!
contrastiktion
College Coach
College Coach

Postby AcidRock23 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:38 pm

:~(

I went back and forth all morning and decided to bench him as he's also done historically poor vs. righties and figured Wood would be pumped up, rather than in BP mode.

Oh well, it doesn't really change my feeling that he'd be having a decent year. Hopefully he'll continue to rake and hit righties to even out that split...
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby bd3521 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:49 am

5/8 today ;-D
[url]http://www.footballguys.com/05vbdrevisited.htm[/url]
bd3521
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Members Only Jackets » Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:42 am

Fmkraw wrote:Nady is the real deal! remember that a lot of guys in MLB come out of seemingly nowhere. How many of us knew who Albert Pujols was when he busted on the scene?

I just added him to my roster w/ the 3rd "DL Priority" in my Dynasty league...and I'm very happy!

BTW, I bet you guys in SD didn't think Drew Brees was "franchise QB Material" last August...right?
Members Only Jackets
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 2)

Postby reznorsboy » Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:46 am

I'm using Nady to sub for injured Berkman and I'm impressed so far
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext