Texiera is looking bad?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Texiera is looking bad??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Texiera is looking bad??

Postby thebudguy » Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:17 pm

Anyone been seeing him play?? His stats thus far stink I am debating playing Shawn Green over him next week! But then I remember they will be home for 7 games in Texas!!!
thebudguy
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

eh

Postby Mazz » Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:20 pm

hes trash get rid of him as quick as u can try to trade him for someone along the lines of palmeiro who is gonna hit 20hr this season yehhh1111!111
Mazz
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby slomo007 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:21 pm

Don't worry about him....he has been doing well, just swinging at some high fastballs which he should be laying off of. He'll realize this and adjust accordingly (I've seen the last 3 games).
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby brandnew » Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:29 pm

Hey slomo, what's with Austin getting benched today? You think Mo is gonna get more AB's now?
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby slomo007 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:36 pm

brandnew wrote:Hey slomo, what's with Austin getting benched today? You think Mo is gonna get more AB's now?

No, he just needed a day off. Kearns is K'ing at an alarming rate...which is very unlike him. He just got the day off to try to figure some stuff out, plus, Pena isn't exactly a bad option. I still look for Kearns to get most of the ABs, but occasionally Pena will steal a start from Griffey or Kearns.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby brandnew » Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:38 pm

Shoot, I was hoping they'd give Wily Mo a lot more at bats and start loving him, so they can trade Kearns to the Bravos :-D
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby free » Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:41 pm

only a week into the season.....try not to fly off the handle. tex will be fine ;-D
Member #3 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club
free
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby tmoney » Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:24 pm

He started slow last year, I would not worry about it. Last year in April he batted .276 with 2 HR and 7 RBI, and in May he batted .212 with 3 HR and 7 RBI. He will get his eventually.
tmoney
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby slomo007 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:30 pm

tmoney wrote:He started slow last year, I would not worry about it. Last year in April he batted .276 with 2 HR and 7 RBI, and in May he batted .212 with 3 HR and 7 RBI. He will get his eventually.

You're right, he did start slow...but wasn't that due to injury? I can't remember for sure, but I think it was an injury he was battling.

Regardless, he's not really playing that poorly so far, he's just swung at a few bad pitches and seems to be pushing to hit HRs rather than just taking what the pitchers give him. I think this is something that he'll correct in the near future....he's too good of a player to slump like this for long. He's one of the best young power hitters in the game, he'll produce. ;-D
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Strasil42 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:44 pm

tmoney wrote:He started slow last year, I would not worry about it. Last year in April he batted .276 with 2 HR and 7 RBI, and in May he batted .212 with 3 HR and 7 RBI. He will get his eventually.

what he said.
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers