tiger woods is ridiculous - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

tiger woods is ridiculous

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:51 pm

I am actually interested to see where he goes from here. His post-round interviews seemed to indicate that he has gotten over the hump with his new swing changes and he should continue to excel. I'm not so sure about that but time will tell. For his sake, it would really benefit him if he made smooth swings with the driver rather than try to kill it. That's where the problem lies with him. Even with a smooth swing, he is still longer than 99.8% of the players.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:26 pm

I think he should just kiss and make up with Butch personally. :-D But I agree with you on overswinging. I think Phil showed us last year that you don't have to crush it 300+ every time to win at Augusta anymore.

On a side note, did anyone else notice how "playful" he was with the fans, like on the first tee when someone took a picture, and on I think it was 17 where the shadows were in his way on the tee shot. It just didn't seem like the same old Tiger out there. Maybe Elin's mellowed him out or something, but I just don't see the same killer instinct. He's by far the most menatly tough guy out there week in and week out, but not nearly as much as usual, at least not outwardly. Perhaps he has just learned to switch that on and off when he needs it, but that will be the most interesting thing to watch IMO at Pinehurst in a few weeks.
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:19 pm

Good point about Butch. The problem is that both of their egos got too big for them to coexist again. :-t
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Postby Kingctb27 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:46 pm

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:On a side note, did anyone else notice how "playful" he was with the fans, like on the first tee when someone took a picture, and on I think it was 17 where the shadows were in his way on the tee shot.

Yeah, that was great, he acctually hit the shadow with his driver. Luck comes with skill guys, I don't care how many breaks you get, you hit the shots, you get the breaks. Simple as that.

Ohh, and to steal a page from Max Kellerman. "Blankman, you don't "diss" Tiger Woods and get away with it on this show". ;-D
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Previous

Return to General Talk