I am in desprate need of help...check out ma team plz - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

I am in desprate need of help...check out ma team plz

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I am in desprate need of help...check out ma team plz

Postby aircanada15nc » Mon May 12, 2003 11:20 am

im in a Yahoo Fantasy Baseball Head to Head league and im in 6th place coming back from 12th but i really need help can u plz check out ma team....

C-Ivan Rodriguez
1B- Richie Sexson
2B- Junior Spivey
3B- Desi Relaford
SS- Jimmy Rollins
OF- Carl Everett
OF- Juan Pierre
OF- Hideki Matsui
Util- Tim Salmon
Bench- Nick Johnson
Bench- Rocco Baldelli

SP- Barry Zito
SP- Mark Mulder
RP- Eddie Guardado
RP- Armando Benitez
P- Mike Macdougal
P- Brandon Lyon
P- Tim Hudson
Bench- Jake Peavy
Bench- Esteban Loaiza
Bench- Hideo Nomo
DL- Jason Isringhausen

So plz can u give me a few tips to help out ma team...
aircanada15nc
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jskidder1 » Wed May 14, 2003 1:12 pm

your pitching is great, but it looks like you lack a lot of power. how are you in hr's and rbi's? i would consider dealing some pitching for offense.
jskidder1

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby jdh » Wed May 14, 2003 1:28 pm

I will do you team top to bottom.

Catcher: Pudge is a solid catcher, probably the best or second best in the league, especially now that he's running. No problem.

First base: Sexson is a solid option, with lots of upside and tons of power. He's not a stud 1B, but a top 10, solid player at that position.

Second base: Spivey is a little weak, and he came out of nowhere to have an awesome year last year. I'd be worried about whether he can repeat that.

Third base: This is your weakest position. Relaford is hot right now, but isn't even necessarily an everyday player. I would look to upgrade this ASAP.

Shortstop: Rollins is a solid SS, with speed and should have a nice batting average. I would rank him the sixth best SS option behind ARod, Nomar, Tejada, Jeter and Renteria.

Outfield: I would agree that you probably want to see more power here. Everett probably won't keep up his current pace. Once he cools off, he's a marginal starter at best. Matsui looks like he is about the only power hitter in your lineup other than Sexson. Pierre will get you lots of steals, and he, combined with Rollins should keep you good in that category. Salmon will add a little power, but you're still lacking.

Pitching: starting pitchers are your strong suit. Zito, Mulder, and Hudson are undeniably great and should push 20 wins each. Nomo is a solid #4 starter and Loaiza is a nice sleeper, and if he falters you can get someone else off the wire. You lucked out on getting two elite closers in Benitez and Guardado, with MacDougal and Lyon providing plenty of saves. If Izzy comes back, you are absolutely set for saves.

I would suggest trading one of your big 3 Oakland pitchers for a pure power hitting outfielder, since that is what you're really lacking. Try to get someone like Manny Ramirez, Brian Giles, Lance Berkman, Shawn Green, Magglio Ordonez, etc. for one of your top pitchers, because that's where you have trade value. If and when Isringhausen comes back, you may also want to peddle Benitez or Guardado to solidify your offense as well.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team