The Ultimate Fighter. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The Ultimate Fighter.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RugbyD » Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:08 pm

Strasil42 wrote:
RugbyD wrote:i watched the first segment of the 6pm show on spike and turned it off. since whe did UFC become a F'n pansy-ass soap opera? a cut stops the fight? WTF? maybe they should put high school band girls in the octagon instead. if you respect men with testes, refer to to http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=112339

you obviously didnt watch the fight. the forest fight was one of the most brutal fights ive ever seen. Id love to see you fight a pansy ass in the ufc, sure youd do great.

i had no problem with the fight itself, it was everything else that pissed me off. following the loser into the parking lot to see him cry, yeah, that's what UFC is all about. mixing brutality with touchy-feely just doesn't do it for me.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:14 pm

RugbyD wrote:
Strasil42 wrote:
RugbyD wrote:i watched the first segment of the 6pm show on spike and turned it off. since whe did UFC become a F'n pansy-ass soap opera? a cut stops the fight? WTF? maybe they should put high school band girls in the octagon instead. if you respect men with testes, refer to to http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=112339

you obviously didnt watch the fight. the forest fight was one of the most brutal fights ive ever seen. Id love to see you fight a pansy ass in the ufc, sure youd do great.

i had no problem with the fight itself, it was everything else that pissed me off. following the loser into the parking lot to see him cry, yeah, that's what UFC is all about. mixing brutality with touchy-feely just doesn't do it for me.

Well you're talking about the Ultimate Fighter TV show. The 6PM show was just a repeat from the reality series. The actual main event started at 9PM. They were very careful about the fighters on the show you're referring to because they're amateurs. And the UFC is actually much better now that it is sanctioned IMO.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AtlDynasty25 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:56 pm

That first fight was great. The most brutal thing I've ever seen on cable. I may actually have to start ordering these PPV events with my buddies. Unfortunately I do think it's time for Shamrock to hang 'em up. He only slipped once though. I think the first time he fell on purpose so that he could get at his opponent's legs to apply a submission hold.
AtlDynasty25
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Bukoski77 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:10 pm

RugbyD That bit with Chris crying after a loss really did show how immature he was. Except for maybe looking at that as pansy, there was absolutely nothing pansy about that series at all.

After Chris' s next fight he got his emotions in check, went back inside, and congratulated his opponent on beating him.

C'mon, there just wasnt anything pansy about the series at all. IMHO, as someone that hates most reality TV, that was very well done and a good series.

One guy had to lose 20 pounds in 24 hours to fight. I didnt think that was physically possible. Not only did he do that but he won his fight within 24 hours of loseing 20 pounds in a day bye knock-out.

I know it didnt always have the Hollywood movie blood splatter effect when they fought movies like Fight Club have, but that is what real fights look like.

Unlike the anomaly Forest-Bonner and Hollywoodfights, over 90% of fights end up on the ground if someone isnt knocked out or hurt bad quickly.

That Forest fighter was amazing. I couldnt believe his history and his arm deformation. In a previous fight he had his arm broken in a fight because he refused to submit and tap out after being put in an arm lock. What happens after he has his arm broken? He knocks his opponent out with his good arm.

The producers did a good job a profiling Bonner and Forest in the intro. I really didnt know who to root for. Like someone else said, bye the middle of the fight, I predicted they would both get contracts.

That was one of those 1 in a 100 fights that just made your adrenaline get going from watching. I felt like I was 10 years old leaving the theatre after a Rocky movie again, only that was real.

Two great fighters who each respected the other's ground ability so much that they each with no collaberation decided their best chance of winning was to stay on their feet and try and win bye knockout.

It made for a very rare display in real fights where two fighters gave their all and were so evenly matched, that neither could control the other.

I'm still surprised it didnt end in a draw. I cant wait for the rematch and I will for sure order it off pay-per view.
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Amazinz » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:38 pm

I think Couture vs Liddell II is going to be awesome. ;-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Iguana » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:17 pm

I liked the show because I've never gotten to see an UFC, never shelled out the cash for PPV but always wanted to see a fight.
Iguana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Amazinz » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:14 pm

The DVDs come out so fast that I stopped paying for them. I just rent them and a few of the classics I have bought. I think I'm going to splurge for this weekend though.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Previous

Return to General Talk