Anyone starting to get a little worried? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Mets

Anyone starting to get a little worried?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Anyone starting to get a little worried?

Postby Viper8437 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:17 pm

Im one of the most optimistic Mets fans, but after this 0-5 start, even Im starting to get a bit worried. :-o Anyone else?
reyes is my homeboy
Viper8437
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:35 pm

Well I'm the eternal optimist so no I'm not worried. It just sucks but it can't get much worse. I hope. :-D

There's nothing good about a 5-game losing streak but it's a long season. It just seems so bad because it's a bleepy way to start the season.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:42 am

Amazinz wrote:Well I'm the eternal optimist so no I'm not worried. It just sucks but it can't get much worse. I hope. :-D

There's nothing good about a 5-game losing streak but it's a long season. It just seems so bad because it's a bleepy way to start the season.

thats a good point.

5 game losing streaks happen all the time in baseball.
It is just magnified when it is at the start of the season.

Tomorrow is an important game though, IMO
Pedro needs to step up and put a halt to the losing, or it can start to effect the phsyche of the players.
Overall, they will be fine. They won't compete this year, not with that pitching staff, but its not like they will go '02 Detroit on ya or anything either.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 687)

Postby slomo007 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:55 am

Considering I have Kaz/Beltran/Piazza in my money league, I would LOVE to see the Mets lose 15-14 tomorrow.

In all seriousness though, I would like to see the Mets win. Good luck tomorrow, I'll be watching (Pedro vs. Smoltz) :-°
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby DK » Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:13 am

wrveres wrote:
Amazinz wrote:Well I'm the eternal optimist so no I'm not worried. It just sucks but it can't get much worse. I hope. :-D

thats a good point.

5 game losing streaks happen all the time in baseball.
It is just magnified when it is at the start of the season.

Tomorrow is an important game though, IMO
Pedro needs to step up and put a halt to the losing, or it can start to effect the phsyche of the players.
Overall, they will be fine. They won't compete this year, not with that pitching staff, but its not like they will go '02 Detroit on ya or anything either.

8-o

Am I mistaken, or did wrveres just make a non-biased statement about the Mets? 8-o

Come on, man, say we suck again, I'm getting worried....

:D

I agree with Amazinz and wr. 5 game losing streaks happen a lot. Adopting a method from basketball, Dean Oliver gives a certain chance of different types of losing streaks and how often it can happen to certain teams... I'll just double the numbers, since 82 basically is half of 162.

A team with a 5-game losing streak will most likely end up with between 74 and 82 wins, although it's spread pretty evenly between 66 and 90.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Not worried

Postby josmus » Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:22 am

Of course its beat to start the season loosing the first 5 games, but as I said, i'm not worried. This team has too much talent to not be in it at the end.
[URL=http://myspace.com/joemuscaglione]Joe Muscaglione's MySpace[/URL]
josmus
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Amazinz » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:36 pm

3-5 ;-D

They're rocking now. :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:43 pm

Amazinz wrote:3-5 ;-D

They're rocking now. :-D

That was beautiful today. But the best part was that Ishii only walked 3 guys in 7 strong innings. Do you think that's a sign of things to come or a once-in-a-lifetime sort of a thing?

Personally, the optimist in me says that Peterson has helped Ishii become the pitcher he can be: walk-free.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Amazinz » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:31 am

I hope so. That ump was squeezing the zone and when I saw that early I thought oh no here we go, this is going to be a walk-fest. But Ishii settled in nicely. I don't think control is ever luck let's just hope what ever he is doing he can do consistently. ;-D
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Rirruto » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:43 am

I envy all of you who dont have Time Warner :~( :-P
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Next

Return to New York Mets