Is Marcus Giles going to stay on his current pace? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is Marcus Giles going to stay on his current pace?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is Marcus Giles going to stay on his current pace?

Postby unclepaulie » Sun May 11, 2003 11:12 pm

Any opinions or predictions concerning his fantasy value? I found this tidbit on Giles on Espn's ask the gamer last week and found it interesting:

Nish, State College, PA: If I had a choice between Marcus Giles and Mark Ellis, who would you recommend I take?

Gamer: For me, this question was basically answered in '98. That was the year that Giles hit .329, 37 HR, 108 RBI, 111 R and 12 SB in his first season of Single A ball. I don't care who you are or where you are, a second baseman who hits 37 home runs at any level is a rare commodity. Giles' minor league numbers were really solid -- .322 BA, .938 OPS. Ellis also put up promising numbers in the minors, but to a lesser degree. And he didn't show near the power potential that Giles did.

Giles has impressed Atlanta brass with his defense this year to the point where they no longer feel like second base is a question mark. It looks like Giles is settling in for the long haul. He's currently on pace for 26 home runs and 123 runs scored. He's also second in the NL with a .362 batting average and has been moved up in the lineup from No. 8 to No. 2. That should keep him stocked in the runs department.

Ellis is also having a stellar '03 campaign, but his upside seems more on the "solid" side and not the "potential All-Star" side that I deem Giles to be.
unclepaulie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: @ your house with my dirty shoes on ya white couch!

Postby Guest » Sun May 11, 2003 11:20 pm

for sure

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby tjhksig » Sun May 11, 2003 11:36 pm

He won't keep his current 'pace', but I think he's in for his best year as a pro.
tjhksig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby unclepaulie » Sun May 11, 2003 11:46 pm

What do you guys think .280 AVG, 90 Runs, 35 2B, 20 Hr, 10 SB and a plus 25 k to bb ratio?
unclepaulie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jdh » Mon May 12, 2003 12:19 am

If he can develop skills anywhere comparable to those of his brother, he could join him as an all star calibre player.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Super GM » Mon May 12, 2003 8:23 am

He's a stud. He'll keep it up for sure. And he's also playing for the Braves, which is good also. He's put in a lot of extra work with Terry Pendleton. And it's starting to pay off.
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

Postby unclepaulie » Mon May 12, 2003 11:37 am

bump
unclepaulie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers