Now Recruiting Reds Fans - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Now Recruiting Reds Fans

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Now Recruiting Reds Fans

Postby slomo007 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:13 pm

With the recent win streak, I think now is a good time to attempt to recruit some Reds fans for the Cincy forum. I am pretty much the only poster who posts in there with any regularity, and have been known to actually respond to my own threads at times. We need your help. For just a few minutes a day, you can adopt your very own baseball team. You will even receive a picture (in the forum) every month, so you can track the progress of your investment.

Here are the people who need your help:

Sean Casey

Joe Randa

Austin Kearns

Adam Dunn

Ryan Freel

And my personal favorite, Ken Griffey Jr.

As you can see, these people need your help. Please consider donating whatever you can to the Reds forum, but please no spam. Thank you for your time and contributions.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pacman » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:33 pm

If posting in the Reds forum will get monster production out of Austin Kearns this season, I'll be there.

;-D

P.S. I very much admired the Big Red Machine teams of the 70s, even though they beat my SAWX in the 75 series. J. Bench is one of my all-time favorite players I ever watched play.
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:44 pm

hmmm....I seem to recall a recent thread in which slomo007 says that he's a Texas Rangers fan. :-?

Bandwagon jumping?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 257)

Postby slomo007 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:47 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:hmmm....I seem to recall a recent thread in which slomo007 says that he's a Texas Rangers fan. :-?

Bandwagon jumping?

Both, Rangers fan by default because I'm from Dallas. Cincy fan at heart. When Griffey was with the Mariners, I couldn't stand the Rangers...but things have changed a lot in the AL West since then.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby BigMusky » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:54 pm

screw the Reds...Go Cubbies. B-)
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:59 pm

slomo007 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:hmmm....I seem to recall a recent thread in which slomo007 says that he's a Texas Rangers fan. :-?

Bandwagon jumping?

Both, Rangers fan by default because I'm from Dallas. Cincy fan at heart. When Griffey was with the Mariners, I couldn't stand the Rangers...but things have changed a lot in the AL West since then.

Sorry, you can only pick one. You can't be a fan of 2 teams.

I'm a Jays fan through and through. Since I need someone to root for in the NL I will cheer for the Cards because they're kind of cool but I don't say that I'm a Cards fan.

You've got to pick slomo.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 257)

Postby ironman » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:06 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
slomo007 wrote:

Bandwagon jumping?

I'm a Jays fan through and through. Since I need someone to root for in the NL I will cheer for the Cards because they're kind of cool but I don't say that I'm a Cards fan.

Yeah I'm that way. I'm a Cubs fan and will cheer for the Twins in the AL.

Interesting note, the last time the Reds started the season 3-0 was in 1990. Food for thought or do the Mets just suck? ;-)
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby slomo007 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:09 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
slomo007 wrote:

Bandwagon jumping?

If I have to pick, I'll choose the Reds, that's an easy decision. However, I don't have to pick by my rules. ;-)
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby slomo007 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:10 pm

ironman wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
slomo007 wrote:

Bandwagon jumping?

Yeah I'm that way. I'm a Cubs fan and will cheer for the Twins in the AL.

Interesting note, the last time the Reds started the season 3-0 was in 1990. Food for thought or do the Mets just suck? ;-)

Be careful, the Mets fans are sensitive right now. :-o
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby JTWood » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:30 pm

This must be a joke. Are you telling me that a bunch of rich, white males (Griffey incl.) need help? In this country?

Whatever... :-D
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Next

Return to General Talk