Yahoo H2H, IP limit, Short week - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo H2H, IP limit, Short week

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo H2H, IP limit, Short week

Postby Amazinz » Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:47 pm

For those of you in Yahoo H2H leagues who use a substantial IP limit (not the default 7, more like 20-30) how to do you guys guys handle the "short" week that occurs near the all-star break?
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TB13 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:51 pm

Try to prep by seeing the way rotations set up in the several games going into the Break. I have a 35 min innings pitch, so I will be monitoring it closely. Look at probably pitcher when the Break starts and try to ensure that you have enough for at least 5-6 starters. That way, you can always choose not to use a pitcher on either Saturday or Sunday if you can rack up the innings that you need. But be sure to look at matchups.
TB13
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby AtlDynasty25 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:55 pm

Our league actually decreases the Min innings pitched required during shortened weeks.
AtlDynasty25
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Amazinz » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:02 pm

AtlDynasty25 wrote:Our league actually decreases the Min innings pitched required during shortened weeks.

This is what I was considering. I'm not worried about it from a personal standpoint. Just trying to figure out what the fairest way to handle it for the league is.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers