It's only rehab...But Schilling got Shelled - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

It's only rehab...But Schilling got Shelled

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Conner » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:20 pm

Sheesh....

Why does every single thread that mention a Yankee or a Red Sock have to turn into an argument with one half bashing the player, and the other half defending him?

Can't we just talk about Schilling's health, and maybe try to find some more information about how he's doing?
Conner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: It's only rehab...But Schilling got Shelled

Postby yellowdog » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:21 pm

Conner wrote:
yellowdog wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Conner wrote:In a minor league game today, for the Pawtucket Red Sox, against the Indianapolis Indians, Curt threw 102 Pitches, and gave Up 7 Runs on 11 Hits. He gave up a solo homerun to Edwards Guzman in the first inning.

Indianapolis WHMB 40 radio commentator:

"I hope he (Schilling) enjoys the restaurants in Pawtucket, he might be here a while."

Great quote..I hope schilling is done for his career as I don't agree with just about everything he stands for

:-t And while the quote may be slightly amusing, it's really ignorant. If healthy enough to pitch, it won't be for Pawtucket.

Uhh...

I'm pretty sure the guy was insinuating that Schilling's not healthy.

That was his point, I think.

If he's not healthy, why did he throw 104 pitches. It was an ignorant statement.
"It's like a full-body dry-heave set to music"
yellowdog
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Nomar4prez » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:23 pm

Conner wrote:Sheesh....

Why does every single thread that mention a Yankee or a Red Sock have to turn into an argument with one half bashing the player, and the other half defending him?

Can't we just talk about Schilling's health, and maybe try to find some more information about how he's doing?

Good point. I think he's healthy, and was just trying to work on some stuff. I may sit him against the Yankee's next week if you have him just to be sure.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Conner » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:23 pm

yellowdog wrote:
Conner wrote:
yellowdog wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Conner wrote:In a minor league game today, for the Pawtucket Red Sox, against the Indianapolis Indians, Curt threw 102 Pitches, and gave Up 7 Runs on 11 Hits. He gave up a solo homerun to Edwards Guzman in the first inning.

"I hope he (Schilling) enjoys the restaurants in Pawtucket, he might be here a while."

Great quote..I hope schilling is done for his career as I don't agree with just about everything he stands for

:-t And while the quote may be slightly amusing, it's really ignorant. If healthy enough to pitch, it won't be for Pawtucket.

Uhh...

If he's not healthy, why did he throw 104 pitches. It was an ignorant statement.

If he's healthy, why did he give up 11 hits and 7 runs?

If his statement is ignorant...than so is your's. You don't know any more about Schilling's health than he does.

At least he used the word "might"...I'm not saying that Schilling's clearly still hurt. But I certainly don't think it's crazy to speculate that he "might" be.
Last edited by Conner on Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Conner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Pokey » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:23 pm

Conner wrote:
yellowdog wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

Uhh...

But Schilling is healthy clearly, all accounts are that he's fully recovered from his surgery and feels fine. I wouldn't worry about this too much, in fact, I'm seeing this as him getting a bad game out of his system-- Schilling rarely has two bad games in a row.
Pokey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby citti34 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:26 pm

Conner wrote:Sheesh....

I was just wondering if there was something about Schilling that was really bad that I wasn't aware of. I don't root for either of the teams.
citti34
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby yellowdog » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:27 pm

Conner wrote:
yellowdog wrote:
Conner wrote:
yellowdog wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

Uhh...

If he's healthy, why did he give up 11 hits and 7 runs?

If his statement is ignorant...than so is your's. You don't know any more about Schilling's health than he does.

At least he used the word "might"...I'm not saying that Schilling's clearly still hurt. But I certainly don't think it's crazy to speculate that he "might" be.

104 pitches tells me they are not too worried about his health. :-?
"It's like a full-body dry-heave set to music"
yellowdog
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Conner » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:29 pm

Pokey wrote:
Conner wrote:
yellowdog wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

Uhh...

But Schilling is healthy clearly, all accounts are that he's fully recovered from his surgery and feels fine. I wouldn't worry about this too much, in fact, I'm seeing this as him getting a bad game out of his system-- Schilling rarely has two bad games in a row.

Pretty much "all accounts" said that Gagne was fine..."All accounts" always say Prior and Wood are fine, too.

"All accounts" aren't always right. They're not always truthful, in fact.

i'm certainly not advocating widespread panic....but it's simply not a good thing that Schilling was terrible today, against minor leaguers.
Conner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Pokey » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:32 pm

Conner wrote:
Pokey wrote:
Conner wrote:
yellowdog wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

Uhh...

Pretty much "all accounts" said that Gagne was fine..."All accounts" always say Prior and Wood are fine, too.

"All accounts" aren't always right. They're not always truthful, in fact.

i'm certainly not advocating widespread panic....but it's simply not a good thing that Schilling was terrible today, against minor leaguers.

Like everyone's been saying, he wouldn't throw 104 pitches if he was hurting. There were some positives too, the seven runs came in six innings, which of course isn't good but at least he stayed in that long, and he had 7 strikeouts.
Pokey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Payne Dailey » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:34 pm

Conner wrote:Can't we just talk about Schilling's health, and maybe try to find some more information about how he's doing?

I don't know what he's feeling like I'm not a doctor but I play one on tv.

I wasn't at the game but I would think if the Red Sox thought he wasn't feeling pretty close to 100% they wouldn't let him throw 100+ pitches.

If you have AAA guys, who just went through spring training, batting against a guy working on his mechanics and throwing mostly 90 mph fastballs they could just sit there and wait for the pitch.
Payne Dailey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers