Anyone use Cingular? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Anyone use Cingular?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Anyone use Cingular?

Postby nsulham » Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:55 pm

I currently have Verizon as my wireless provider but I recently moved down to Virginia and Verizon doesn't have any towers down here so I'm constantly roaming.

Anyways, I've been checking out some of the other providers and a Cingular just opened here. I've always been interested in their Rollover feature and was just wondering if anyone else uses Cingular and can give me the lowdown on whether you like it or not.

Thanks ;-D
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BigMusky » Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:00 pm

I had AT&T Wireless and now cingular and I typcially get better reception then my wife who has verizon anywhere we go. So you should be happy with it. I travel alot too and have never been anywhere without good reception (except places no one does).
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby slomo007 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:02 pm

I'm in the same boat as Musky...former at&t. I live in Dallas and Oklahoma (school in Oklahoma, parents in Dallas) and get pretty good reception in both places. I think Cingular's motto was always to build around the interstates, while Verizon's motto seemed to be to spread out across rural areas as well and not necessarily concentrate on interstates. I know my parents have Verizon, and it's one of the only companies that have reception in Iowa when they go visit family there....I get almost no reception except around Des Moines.

Overall, I like it. They are somewhat expensive though, in comparison to say, TMobile or Sprint.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby nsulham » Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:08 pm

Thanks guys. I'm really at the low-end of the calling plan totem pole as I RARELY use any minutes so if I went with a plan it'd probably be the $39.99 plan for 450 anytime minutes and something like 5,000 night and weekends. Hell I don't even know what I'd do with that many minutes 8-o
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby slomo007 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:10 pm

nsulham wrote:Thanks guys. I'm really at the low-end of the calling plan totem pole as I RARELY use any minutes so if I went with a plan it'd probably be the $39.99 plan for 450 anytime minutes and something like 5,000 night and weekends. Hell I don't even know what I'd do with that many minutes 8-o

I signed up with at&t during a 550/unlimited n&w special they were having for 39.99.

You can always switch plans (upgrade or downgrade) without penalty, so don't worry much about which plan you sign up for.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Kingctb27 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:11 pm

Heh, my bill last month for my cell was 200 bucks 8-o :-o . The reason it was so high was because of the damn text messaging. I have Sprint service and it's great if you don't go over your minutes ;-D
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby BigMusky » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:28 pm

I have always gotten coverage in Iowa. Maybe it is the phone. I have the one rate plan.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Return to General Talk