Is Damaso Marte officially taking over yet? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is Damaso Marte officially taking over yet?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Mon May 12, 2003 12:14 pm

I would take Politte over Marte simply for job security. I agree with lifeform that if Koch blows 1 or 2 more then the job will go to Marte. But, Koch isn't out yet and we're talking about a guy who did save 44 last year. He blew somewhere around 10 or 12 too. I'd go with Politte and let someone else worry about the ChiSox.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Juhlz » Mon May 12, 2003 12:48 pm

Well, here is my unbiased opinion - I have recently picked up Marte over Politte because clearly Marte is having more success than Koch. Marte has 4 saves in 12 days and here's the best thing...with a 0.00 era during this span. I don't think the lefty thing will play a huge role when he is sporting no blown saves and not as much as a run in his last 5 outings. Koch is sporting a 7.80 era. To me Marte is a no-brainer which may be overly optimistic but I think Koch will remain in a set-up role for now while Marte hordes the saves. Furthermore, the Sox have upcoming stints with Cleveland, Baltimore, and Detroit this month. Good luck Marte owners!
Juhlz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby tjhksig » Mon May 12, 2003 3:48 pm

Well, it looks like Koch is for sure the closer. Manuel said today: - Despite being the owner of the last 4 saves by a White Sox pitcher, Marte is not thier closer, at least not according to manager Jerry Manuel. "Koch is our guy, our lead man," Manuel said. "He's just had to iron out a few things." You would think that Koch could hire someone to do his ironing, particularly if it was keeping him from doing his job. If Koch shows that he still has some wrinkles, don't be surprised if Marte is closing again

Thank god, I have Koch and was agonizing over whether or not to drop him or someone else for Marte.
tjhksig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Guest » Mon May 12, 2003 4:51 pm

Sorry, I'm not buying that from Manuel. Why would you not keep Marte and his o.oo era in last 5 appearances out of the closer role while koch stinks up the place. Manuel is trying to keep koch from killing himself.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers