ESPN Smokes Crack - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

ESPN Smokes Crack

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BostonBK7 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:19 am

Conner wrote:What you're doing is taking an easy double play and calling it difficult.

O no, anything but that.

Have you ever thought that maybe someone's opinion differs from yours? You don't have to be a jerk everytime someone disagrees with you which you seem to do a lot.
BostonBK7
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Conner » Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:57 am

BostonBK7 wrote:
Conner wrote:What you're doing is taking an easy double play and calling it difficult.

O no, anything but that.

Have you ever thought that maybe someone's opinion differs from yours? You don't have to be a jerk everytime someone disagrees with you which you seem to do a lot.

Just to be clear...

I said that it would've been an easy double play. My opinion, correct?

He said that it was a difficult play, and to think otherwise is "nonsensical".

I responded to him, and ignored the "nonsensical" comment, and simply made my opinion clear (that I think he's wrong about it being a difficult play). I then said I didn't want to continue the discussion with him (again...leaving his condescending remarks aone, by not responding to them).

Going by your logic, you should be chastising him for being a jerk....not me. I know you don't agree with my opinion...but please be rational.
Conner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BostonBK7 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:16 am

Conner wrote:
BostonBK7 wrote:

O no, anything but that.

Just to be clear...

I said that it would've been an easy double play. My opinion, correct?

He said that it was a difficult play, and to think otherwise is "nonsensical".

I responded to him, and ignored the "nonsensical" comment, and simply made my opinion clear (that I think he's wrong about it being a difficult play). I then said I didn't want to continue the discussion with him (again...leaving his condescending remarks aone, by not responding to them).

Going by your logic, you should be chastising him for being a jerk....not me. I know you don't agree with my opinion...but please be rational.

Ok, first of all he wasn't calling you 'nonsensical', he was saying that your remark was. Saying that someones remark is nonsensical is not being a jerk. The way that you respond though is arrogant to be honest. Things like this:

"I honestly just don't care what you think anymore.

It was an easy play.

Argue with someone else."

"I don't even feel like arguing with you....But yes he does."

"No offense, but it's quite obvious that you didn't see it."

When you say things like that you're acting like he's an idiot and you're too good to argue with him. I don't know, maybe you don't have the same opinion of what being a jerk is, but to me those are the kinds of statements that are "condescending".

I also never said that I didn't agree with you...I actually do, but thats not what I'm trying to say.
BostonBK7
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Conner » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:37 am

BostonBK7 wrote:
Ok, first of all he wasn't calling you 'nonsensical', he was saying that your remark was.

You're reaching.

He said "What you're doing is taking a difficult double play for granted, and shifting the blame from a completely ineffective pitcher onto Arod. It's nonsensical."

Whether he was calling me "nonsensical", or the comment "nonsensical", really doesn't matter. Only someone who's being nonsensical would make a nonsensical comment. That's really very obvious, and I'm kind of surprised that you're actually using that to argue with me...

It was unnecessary, and more importantly...He was stating his own opinion as absolutele fact, which is exactly what you chastised me for doing.

I responded by letting him know that I disagreed, and that I didn't like the way that he was arguing his point.

That's all. Get off my back.....and hop on his. Calling someone or something "nonsensical" is just an easy way to say "stupid", without actually using the word...
Conner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BostonBK7 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:58 am

Conner wrote:
BostonBK7 wrote:
Ok, first of all he wasn't calling you 'nonsensical', he was saying that your remark was.

You're reaching.

He said "What you're doing is taking a difficult double play for granted, and shifting the blame from a completely ineffective pitcher onto Arod. It's nonsensical."

Whether he was calling me "nonsensical", or the comment "nonsensical", really doesn't matter. Only someone who's being nonsensical would make a nonsensical comment. That's really very obvious, and I'm kind of surprised that you're actually using that to argue with me...

It was unnecessary, and more importantly...He was stating his own opinion as absolutele fact, which is exactly what you chastised me for doing.

I responded by letting him know that I disagreed, and that I didn't like the way that he was arguing his point.

That's all. Get off my back.....and hop on his. Calling someone or something "nonsensical" is just an easy way to say "stupid", without actually using the word...

I'm sorry, I didn't know you were so offended by being called nonsensical.

"Only someone who's being nonsensical would make a nonsensical comment. That's really very obvious, and I'm kind of surprised that you're actually using that to argue with me..."

So only stupid people can say something stupid? Maybe...just maybe he's saying that what you said at that one particular point in your life was nonsensical. Stop taking it so personally as if he's telling you that you yourself are nonsensical all the time. He's saying you were being nonsensical, not that you necessarily are nonsensical. I'm surprised you didn't pick up on this either.

That's one thing he said; your whole demeanor is arrogant, thats the thing that annoys me.
BostonBK7
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Conner » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:05 am

BostonBK7 wrote:
Conner wrote:
BostonBK7 wrote:

You're reaching.

"Only someone who's being nonsensical would make a nonsensical comment. That's really very obvious, and I'm kind of surprised that you're actually using that to argue with me..."

So only stupid people can say something stupid? Maybe...just maybe he's saying that what you said at that one particular point in your life was nonsensical. Stop taking it so personally as if he's telling you that you yourself are nonsensical all the time. He's saying you were being nonsensical, not that you necessarily are nonsensical. I'm surprised you didn't pick up on this either.

Dude...just stop.

It had nothing to do with you, and it happened like 8 hours ago. Transmogrifier and I actually exchanged some PM's a while ago, and the last one I sent him ended with "No problem. ;-D", or something. I think we can handles ourselves.

Not to mention the fact that you're really really just looking like you dislike me, and are trying to find anything you can to annoy me about. I can't speak for everyone else, (and I may be bias), but I really believe that.

Your comments are all nonsensical, and they're making you look nonsensical in this particular instance in this discussion when you say the particular things that you have said. It's nonsensical.
Conner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BostonBK7 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:16 am

Conner wrote:
BostonBK7 wrote:
Conner wrote:
BostonBK7 wrote:

You're reaching.

Dude...just stop.

It had nothing to do with you, and it happened like 8 hours ago. Transmogrifier and I actually exchanged some PM's a while ago, and the last one I sent him ended with "No problem. ;-D", or something. I think we can handles ourselves.

Not to mention the fact that you're really really just looking like you dislike me, and are trying to find anything you can to annoy me about. I can't speak for everyone else, (and I may be bias), but I really believe that.

Your comments are all nonsensical, and they're making you look nonsensical in this particular instance in this discussion when you say the particular things that you have said. It's nonsensical.

Aight man I'm sorry I brought you this far; it's over, you obviously have nothing more to say. As much as you'd like to think that you said something witty in your last comment, you really didn't and your repetative use of "nonsensical" to get a point across doesn't impress me.

"Not to mention the fact that you're really really just looking like you dislike me"

You're right, I do dislike you. I hope you didn't just figure that out.
BostonBK7
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers