ESPN Smokes Crack - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

ESPN Smokes Crack

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Conner » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:52 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:You said if Arod makes a double play we wouldn't be talking about it. Not true.

And an "easy" double play is not one hit to a third baseman ranging to his right. Unless he can run to third and gun it to first, he has to throw across his body to second base. It's not an easy play. If he fields that cleanly, I bet he would have gone home.

Anyways, my point is Rivera screwed up. Saying it wouldn't have been an issue if Arod turned two is not the point.

I honestly just don't care what you think anymore.

It was an easy play.

Argue with someone else.
Conner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ajgnydc722 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:16 pm

A-Rod blew a game-ending DP but Rivera got them into that situation in the first place. Most of the blame falls on Rivera.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Re: ESPN Smokes Crack

Postby Viper8437 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:27 pm

ajgnydc722 wrote:Take a look at their newest Sports Nation Poll:

What should the Yankees do about their closer role?

A.) Make a trade for a proven closer

B.) Stick with Mariano Rivera

C.) Use Tom Gordon or another reliever

Are these guys high or something? If they aren't, the 10% that voted A, surely are.

ahh ok
for a second, i thought this thread was pointing out what you and ESPN had in common :-D
reyes is my homeboy
Viper8437
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Balco » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:58 pm

Mariano= Crap plane and simple trade him no dout, his high cutter isnt gonna get him saves n more trade him fer some prospects er a new bat but forsure trade him hes worthless . ;-D

-Balco
Balco
College Coach
College Coach

Postby RyanK » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:03 pm

as someone whos played 3rd base for the past 5-6 years... ill comment on arods play.. (i didnt see it, but by someone saying he was going to his right meaning he was going to towards the bag ill go off that)

He made the "smart" play going to home.. in a bases loaded situation with one out you have the infield in and want to throw home... that said the 2nd basemen would have had to go backwards too the bag.. making it harder for the 2B to turn two by having to rotate his whole body.. the only way that a double play could have happened is if he tagged 3rd then gunned it to first.. but usually your thinking just throw home to get the out and stop a run.. espically if it is tied
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Transmogrifier » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:03 pm

Conner wrote:
Transmogrifier wrote:You said if Arod makes a double play we wouldn't be talking about it. Not true.

And an "easy" double play is not one hit to a third baseman ranging to his right. Unless he can run to third and gun it to first, he has to throw across his body to second base. It's not an easy play. If he fields that cleanly, I bet he would have gone home.

Anyways, my point is Rivera screwed up. Saying it wouldn't have been an issue if Arod turned two is not the point.

I honestly just don't care what you think anymore.

It was an easy play.

Argue with someone else.

How nice of you. Geez.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Conner » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:08 pm

RyanK wrote:as someone whos played 3rd base for the past 5-6 years... ill comment on arods play.. (i didnt see it, but by someone saying he was going to his right meaning he was going to towards the bag ill go off that)

He made the "smart" play going to home.. in a bases loaded situation with one out you have the infield in and want to throw home... that said the 2nd basemen would have had to go backwards too the bag.. making it harder for the 2B to turn two by having to rotate his whole body.. the only way that a double play could have happened is if he tagged 3rd then gunned it to first.. but usually your thinking just throw home to get the out and stop a run.. espically if it is tied

No offense, but it's quite obvious that you didn't see it.

A-Rod didn't go home (and he wasn't going to his right, in the first place).

The ball was hit directly at him, and he simply screwed it up. It went right past his glove and hit him in the chest, and he couldn't pick it up, to salvage one out, by possibly going home.
Conner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ajgnydc722 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:40 pm

He said his plan was to go to second and turn to that way, and once he bobbled it the first time, he was going to go home. But he dropped it again.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby blankman » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:46 pm

This is such a stupid argument. It was one error; it's not as if the Sox played stellar defense either; let's just move on :-[
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby RyanK » Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:58 pm

Conner wrote:
RyanK wrote:as someone whos played 3rd base for the past 5-6 years... ill comment on arods play.. (i didnt see it, but by someone saying he was going to his right meaning he was going to towards the bag ill go off that)

No offense, but it's quite obvious that you didn't see it.

A-Rod didn't go home (and he wasn't going to his right, in the first place).

The ball was hit directly at him, and he simply screwed it up. It went right past his glove and hit him in the chest, and he couldn't pick it up, to salvage one out, by possibly going home.

OOOOOOOH.... he didnt even make a play.... well then... that explains alot
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers