here is some info on Aubrey Huff... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

here is some info on Aubrey Huff...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

here is some info on Aubrey Huff...

Postby chinch sacs » Sun May 11, 2003 3:32 pm

A team in my fantasy baseball league dropped him on April 27th, I picked him up right away...

Since then he has raised his AVG from .268 to .289, has hit 7 HR, and has been the only player on the D-rays producing...

The question I have is, will he play enough 3rd base to make him eligable? how many games do you need in Yahoo Leagues? He has also been playing OF, so by the Allstar break he might be able to play 1st, 3rd, and OF for your fantasy squad.

Just some info, and some questions for all of you listening...

Kevin
chinch sacs
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kingman2003 » Sun May 11, 2003 10:33 pm

huff was moved to the outfield permanently. in yahoo leagues a player needs 15 games at a position to qualify, meaning he won't become eligible at 3rd.
kingman2003
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Andy1234 » Sun May 11, 2003 10:38 pm

I think it was only 7 or 8 games at 3B so far this year, he won't play anymore there unless Easly gets hurt or something. His 15th game in the OF was Sunday. Thing is he had 14 games at 3B last year, one more and he would have been eligible at the start of the season, oh well.
Andy1234

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby jdh » Sun May 11, 2003 10:42 pm

He won't get the outfield eligiblity for another day because he was the DH today.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby c0rey254 » Sun May 11, 2003 10:42 pm

So will Huff be eligible for OF tomorrow on Yahoo?
c0rey254
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby jdh » Sun May 11, 2003 10:45 pm

No, because he was DH today, meaning that we have to wait for him to play another game at RF to get the eligiblity.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby tjhksig » Sun May 11, 2003 11:55 pm

I just did the same thing today, and I already had him in another league at first. Here are some things to know, and why people should jump on this guy:

1) Yes, he has 7 games at 3B, and needs 8 more in the Yahoo league, and he will get.

2) He will play 3B when (it is when) Damian Easley gets hurt again or is slumping badly. Easley was out for a week, but since Travis Lee was also hurt, they needed Huff to play 1B, so he was already THAT close to have 3B eligibility. Next time Easley is out, it's all Huff.

3) When interleague play starts, if Easley is slumping, they'll most likely bench him and play Huff b/c they'll want him in the lineup (no DH), and they want the bats of Lee, Baldelli, Crawford and Grieve (OF) more than Easley.

So my prediction is that by All-star break, hopefully before, Huff will be 3B eligible, making his value skyrocket , because right now if he's 3B eligible, he's a top 5 fantasy 3B, which is right where he'll be in my lineup.

If you have a roster spot, get him while you can, even if you have a solid 1B and 3B situation, because he'll have tremendous trade value in a month or so.
tjhksig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Oat Soda » Mon May 12, 2003 12:00 am

tjhksig, I hope you're right. The only 3B I drafted was Hillenbrand because I expected Huff to qualify at third eventually.
Oat Soda
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby tjhksig » Mon May 12, 2003 1:00 am

Actually, I think I'm gonna buy a ticket to Tampa, find that has-been Easley, and whack him good on the knee, ala Nancy Kerrigan. I'd be doing the Rays a favor anyways....can't believe the Tigers cut him, paid his salary, and the Rays picked him up.....sheesh.
tjhksig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jdh » Mon May 12, 2003 1:02 am

The problem is that when Easley was out with an injury, Pinella used Chris Truby at 3B. Apparently, he got so pissed off when Huff made 3 errors in his first week at 3B that he made the change.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers