Free sites to play Fantasy Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Free sites to play Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Free sites to play Fantasy Baseball

Postby JDD » Sun Dec 29, 2002 10:13 am

I just signed up at Sandboxplus, but I would like to try some new websites too...

Please share with us any informaiton you have on where fantasy baseball players can play for free.

I tried Yahoo once, but I hated the format.

Sandbox is great, but you only get two teams for your money.

Thanks in advance for your help.
JDD

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Fumbler » Wed Jan 08, 2003 3:39 am

I played for free last year at CBS Sportsline.com

Click on fantasy link from the main page...

Though they don't have any sign-ups or anything yet. Probably not until February sometime.

Had lots of fun with it last year and i also play their fantasy football. For being free they have a nice site with customizable web page once you draft your team. *shrug*
Fumbler

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 23, 2003 9:04 pm

Sandbox is not free anymore, and niether is CBS Sportsline. Does anyone know of another free league or have an opinion of how to create your own free league?

Thanks

Postby ironman » Tue Jan 28, 2003 5:04 pm

Sandbox costs money now, which is fine by me because I have totally written them off after being completely irritated by their level of service. They can't ever get stats updated on time, their format is too rigid and gives a commish absolutely no say in matters, but the last straw was this football season when right after everyone had signed up for their "free" service they whipped out their "Peak Usage" service, which required everyone to pay a small fee if we wanted to access our roster during peak hours.

I've been using Yahoo to run my leagues now for two years and have been extremely satisfied with them. Stats are updated timely, you get a lot more options to work with. The live draft is better since it is JAVA and does not require the tedious refreshing of the webpage like Sandbox had.

I've also played with Sportsline, which I must say as far as league formats and options go is one of the best sites out there. What turned me off though is that I found their site to be incredibly user-unfriendly. The web layout is cumbersome and isn't great for quick navigation.

I would recommend Yahoo Fantasy to anyone out there looking for a good free site. As far as pay sites go I still wouldn't give Sandbox the time of day. If I were going to go to a pay service I would much rather do Sportsline and ESPN.com.
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Shogun » Sat Feb 01, 2003 12:00 am

I seem to one of the few people who were at least halfway pleased with CBS Sportsline last season. I admit it can be a little cumbersome jumping around from page to page, as I have an archaic 56k modem, but it is easy to set up, find info, and fully customizable.

I keep hearing it will be a pay site this year so I guess we will have to do our part to pay the Braves' salary. haha.

I plan on checking out Yahoo since most seem to think it will be free.

Was anyone pleased with ESPN's? They have a wealth of stats and info but is their games any good?

Good luck to all this season!
Attack them when unprepared, make your move when they do not expect it. - Sun Tzu
Shogun
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby highlander1168 » Mon Feb 10, 2003 8:20 am

I have used both espn and cbs.com for roto football leagues. While i would have to say i like cbs more, if you wind up in a league on espn i wouldn't say it was that bad. :-)
highlander1168

Postby Nick » Mon Mar 17, 2003 1:50 pm

I have my yahoo league to run exactly like sandbox. However, it's hard to see how well your players are doing without the fp/g stat. IS there anyway I can get access to sandbox's stats for the 2003 season??

Thanks, Nick
Nick

Return to Classifieds