Lew... ser? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Lew... ser?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby JTWood » Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:08 am

Mercer Boy wrote:I read this last night...

KFFL.com via Yahoo! player update thingy wrote:Apr 6 The Minneapolis Star-Tribune's La Velle E. Neal III reports Minnesota Twins DH Lew Ford is working with MAN Ron Gardenhire, who believes Ford could be slipping as the rest of the league figures out his swinging tendencies. "He hasn't been swinging like he can," Gardenhire said. "He's not on the ball but he should be fine. Lew is going to have to make adjustments. The league is starting to adjust to him. I don't want to start talking about what the adjustments are in the papers."

:-o

I just gave Ford up in order to pick up Rowand on waivers. They are the same type of player, but I think Rowand may have a better chance at doing well from this news.

Thanks for the great quote, MB. I will try shopping him around, but I will have a hard time moving him as his contract is pretty cheap and I cannot really afford to take on any additional salary.

This will be fun...
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JTWood » Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:44 am

Today's update:

So far Lew Ford seems a bit uncomfortable as the Twins DH, going 1-for-8 off the start of the season before getting a sanity day on Wednesday. Manager Ron Gardenhire says that Lew has reached the point where he has to make adjustments to how MLB pitchers are working him and the club has made some suggestions along those lines. There doesn’t seem to be any reason to believe that Ford’s PT is in any kind of trouble, and Shannon Stewart isn’t exactly Lou Gehrig, so there’s no reason for long-term worries yet. You may want to consider sitting him for a day or two if you have dailies, and if he hasn’t broken out by the start of the week, you may want to use an alternative.
Last edited by JTWood on Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby RynMan » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:35 am

Yeah, Im not confident he can repeat. Im trying to offload him.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers