Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby jblank » Thu May 26, 2005 12:37 am

reznorsboy wrote:Aram by a mile if He can stay healthy

By a mile? Explain how please.

Batting avg? Wright is better
Steals? Wright has more
RBI? Wright has more
Runs? Wright has more
Home Runs? Wright has more (in fewer at bats)
OPS? Wright's is better

Has Ramirez been banged up? Yeah, maybe a bit, but he still has played the same amount as Wright, and has more AB's than Wright. You may think he is a better player (and I believe your Cubs fan bias might be factoring in on that), but the stats say otherwise, and if anything, at this point in time, Wright has elevated himself to a much more well rounded player than Ramirez, with a MUCH better glove. I find it hard to believe that anyone, with an impartial mind, could claim that A-Ram is "far better" than Wright. The numbers dont lie.
jblank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby baseballnewb » Thu May 26, 2005 12:45 am

I'm a big wright fan and he has many big years to come but trying to compare these 2 this year when Aram has been hurt all year is rediculous.
baseballnewb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby West » Thu May 26, 2005 1:36 am

baseballnewb: I'm a big wright fan and he has many big years to come but trying to compare these 2 this year when Aram has been hurt all year is rediculous.

Last time I checked, "ARam vs. Wright" was the title of the thread. Also, as far as I know, this back problem only cropped up in the last 2 weeks or so. He'd been relatively healthy through all of April and the first half of May.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 98)

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu May 26, 2005 1:55 am

Iconoclastic wrote:Aramis: .335 120 45 130 1 (lofty, but having seen his at bats I know he's on Pujols' level

I'm a big fan of Aramis and I think he's still improving...but this is ridiculous.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby thehat » Thu May 26, 2005 2:01 am

West wrote:
baseballnewb: I'm a big wright fan and he has many big years to come but trying to compare these 2 this year when Aram has been hurt all year is rediculous.

Last time I checked, "ARam vs. Wright" was the title of the thread. Also, as far as I know, this back problem only cropped up in the last 2 weeks or so. He'd been relatively healthy through all of April and the first half of May.

Actually, ARam has been a bit dinged up since spring training. I'm just hoping this isn't going to be a 2002 rerun for him.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Laean » Thu May 26, 2005 2:02 am

Dmville wrote:
BigMusky wrote:this is a ridiculous arguement....projections are a complete waste of time. How much better is one guy over another? Come on. So many factors play into this that everyone is just guessing.

Prize to BigMusky for the first reasonable quote in this thread.

if that's true why are we even playing fantasy baseball? projections have to be reasonably certain for people to be able to know who to trade for and who to give, no? that just shows that trying to get several projections to be able to get an idea of how a player might perform is a good idea.

as for aramis vs wright, i think aramis and wright will be almost equal this year, and wright equal or better from next year on - as he's going to turn into a perennial 30+ 100+ 10+ .300+ player, while aramis will continue to have inconsistent seasons.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jjigglers » Thu May 26, 2005 4:26 am

West wrote:

He's actually been hurt all year. Previously with the groin, now with the back spasms.
jjigglers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bronxxbomber » Thu May 26, 2005 9:50 am

has anybody taken notice that wright is doing all the damage from the bottom of the lineup? it's only a matter of time before he moves up. willie randolph is a smart manager who doesn't want to throw wright into the fire and bat him high in the lineup. he's letting wright get into a groove before he moves him up. i think he wants him to be as comfortable as possible. if wright moves in the lineup he could produce numbers aram did last season and the key to that is his approach. i've been watching a lot of met games this season and he's very patient at the plate and he crushes the balls that are in his zone and takes it the other way when it's off the plate. he doesn't swing at many bad pitches as well. this is going to be the last year he's not drafted in the top 3-4 rounds.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby West » Thu May 26, 2005 10:08 am

He's actually been hurt all year. Previously with the groin, now with the back spasms.

Actually, ARam has been a bit dinged up since spring training. I'm just hoping this isn't going to be a 2002 rerun for him.

I stand corrected. I figured since he hadn't missed more than a game or two in April that he'd been healthy, my bad. But I'd still rank Wright up there with a healthy ARam.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 98)

Postby Matthias » Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:03 am

jblank wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:120 RBI, 35-40 HR, 100 R, .310 for Aram

90 some RBI, 25-30, 90 R, .285 with 15 steals for Wright

Easy for Aram at this point.

Are you on crack? A-Ram is hitting .226. Do you really think he is gonna add 84 points to his batting avg?

He's raised it 46 points in the last two weeks. As has been said before, it's a long season.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers