Cliff Floyd - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cliff Floyd

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cliff Floyd

Postby bobby » Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:10 pm

What kinda year do you see him having? Right now I have Eric Byrnes as my back-up OF but he's not even starting today, it looks like he might share ABs with Charles Thomas. SHould I drop Byrnes for Floyd?
bobby
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Darkie Satchels » Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:34 pm

Floyd is an interesting question mark. Is he the future? Yes. But right now I think he scrapped for 5th in rotation and when Padilla returns from the DL, we could easily see Floyd sit down for the season. I currently have him until this happens with Padilla, who I also have bakin' cookies on my DL. I think Floyd is going to be great but we'll have to wait until Saturday to find out. He is debuting to a potent St. Louis lineup. But I think he's got the junk to go the distance. Take him if you like to win and win big off a gamble. ;-D But it could easily roll the other direction, and in a hurry. :-t

Great indie Music Website: http://www.pensatos.com
Darkie Satchels
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Viper8437 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:44 pm

Darkie Satchels wrote:Floyd is an interesting question mark. Is he the future? Yes. But right now I think he scrapped for 5th in rotation and when Padilla returns from the DL, we could easily see Floyd sit down for the season. I currently have him until this happens with Padilla, who I also have bakin' cookies on my DL. I think Floyd is going to be great but we'll have to wait until Saturday to find out. He is debuting to a potent St. Louis lineup. But I think he's got the junk to go the distance. Take him if you like to win and win big off a gamble. ;-D But it could easily roll the other direction, and in a hurry. :-t

umm lay off the crack
who are you talking about?
reyes is my homeboy
Viper8437
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Slow Pitch » Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:54 pm

Darkie Satchels wrote:Floyd is an interesting question mark. Is he the future? Yes. But right now I think he scrapped for 5th in rotation and when Padilla returns from the DL, we could easily see Floyd sit down for the season. I currently have him until this happens with Padilla, who I also have bakin' cookies on my DL. I think Floyd is going to be great but we'll have to wait until Saturday to find out. He is debuting to a potent St. Louis lineup. But I think he's got the junk to go the distance. Take him if you like to win and win big off a gamble. ;-D But it could easily roll the other direction, and in a hurry. :-t

CLIFFORD NOT GAVIN

:-b
Slow Pitch
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DaQ » Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:57 pm

Viper8437 wrote:

umm lay off the crack

Hehe...I was thinking that too. I'm pretty sure he's talking about Gavin Floyd.

I don't remember exactly what Cliff Floyd's stats were last year (* I have a general idea - see bottom), but I do watch him a lot since I am a Mets fan. I feel he's a "hit or miss" type player. He has a heavy swing and he'll either hit a bomb or get out. He can't run either like he used to. If you need power, take Floyd. If you want speed and average, keep Byrnes.

If Byrnes is platooning though, take Floyd - he's going to stay in the starting lineup barring injury. Floyd should hit close to 25 HR's, 70-75 RBI and a .265 AVG.
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bselig » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:49 pm

Floyd is always solid when he plays, if you need an OF go grab him..just expect the inevitable injury
bselig Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kage812004 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:53 pm

i love that big long explanation and he is totally talking about the wrong person :-b :*)
GO SOX!! GO PATS!!
kage812004
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby George_Foreman » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:55 pm

floyd could hit 30 our and steal 20 if he plays 150 games. big if, but when you consider the cost, i don't think it's outrageous to add him now.

he man was money back in the day. the problem is he's played like 60 games each of the past 2 years.
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby warrick95 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:52 am

DaQ wrote:
Viper8437 wrote:

umm lay off the crack

Hehe...I was thinking that too. I'm pretty sure he's talking about Gavin Floyd.

I don't remember exactly what Cliff Floyd's stats were last year (* I have a general idea - see bottom), but I do watch him a lot since I am a Mets fan. I feel he's a "hit or miss" type player. He has a heavy swing and he'll either hit a bomb or get out. He can't run either like he used to. If you need power, take Floyd. If you want speed and average, keep Byrnes.

If Byrnes is platooning though, take Floyd - he's going to stay in the starting lineup barring injury. Floyd should hit close to 25 HR's, 70-75 RBI and a .265 AVG.

He has plenty of potential when healthy. DaQ, I'm sorry, but that isn't a great analysis of Floyd. He's not a hit or miss type player. When he's dialed in, he's a superb hitter. Believe it or not, he's one of the top lefty hitters vs. lefties in the game. He's hit .289 in his career vs. then...against .281 vs. righties.

He may have tried to hit for too much power last yera, but I doubt that continues. I think they're going to tell him to work on being a good hitter overall. His spring stats do reflect that, if that means anything...high average, little power.

The good Cliff Floyd is not an all or nothing player. It's one that cna hit close to .300. .283 lifetime clip, including a a consistent high .200s low .300s streak in his prime years. He may be past his prime, but given a full season, he can certainly hit .285-28 HR-15 SB...at least.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tramplers » Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:27 am

If he can stay healthy, he would be a top 20 or so OFer IMO. That's a big if though, given his recent history. I would get him and ride him as long as he is healthy.
Tramplers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers