Keeper League help! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Keeper League help!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Keeper League help!

Postby Big Dogs » Sat Dec 28, 2002 1:30 pm

Hello all,
I am in a 10 team keeper league. Each team can keep 15 players.
We can start 4 SP and 2 RP.
I was wondering who you would make your 15? I am debating on not keeping Ivan Rodriguez (his team and health are a question to keep him on the roster). I also torn between Derrek Lee, Matt Clement or Austin Kearns. Please help, rosters need to be set soon. Thanks in advance for your help. :-o
1-1B Richie Sexson
2-2B Alfonso Soriano
3-3B Eric Chavez
4-SS Jimmy Rollins
5-OF Brian Giles
6-OF Adam Dunn
7-OF Magglio Ordonez
8-C Ivan Rodriguez
9-DH Derrek Lee
10-SP Wade Miller
11-SP Mike Mussina
12-RP Keith Foulke
13-SP Mike Hampton
14-SP Kerry Wood
15-SP Mark Prior

My Bench is:
3B Hank Blalock, OF Austin Kearns, 3B Adrian Beltre, C Javy Lopez, 3B Joe Crede,SP Matt Clement,SP Odalis Perez, SP A.J. Burnett
RP Armando Benitez
Big Dogs
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby accohen » Sat Dec 28, 2002 7:37 pm

Talk about an all-star team....that team is pretty ridiculous. I sincerely hope you were near the top of your league last year...

Anyway, decisions, decisions....for one thing, I would keep Odalis Perez over Hampton....yeah, I know that Perez could be a wonder and that Hampton should return to great form in Atlanta....but the bottom line is that Hampton was THE worst pitcher in the game last year, and even a return to half of his previous form should still be less than Odalis gives you (look at the microscopic WHIP...even in his heyday, Hampton still had around a 1.3 WHIP)....
Secondly, I would strongly urge you to consider keeping Austin Kearns over Keith Foulke. If there is ONE exciting young offensive player in the NL ready to bust out, it's this guy....and you can always pick up cheap saves elsewhere....
Otherwise, I'd think you are pretty set....if your league allows it, I would try and trade some guys for some draft picks or package to a team that could use a starting pitcher to upgrade at a position (i.e. Lee and Clement/Burnett for an upgrade)....just my opinion...
accohen
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Big Dogs » Sat Dec 28, 2002 8:25 pm

Thanks accohen for your advice.
I lost in the Leagues's World Series by 5 points. I traded Trever Hoffman for a draft pick. I have the 6th and the 9th pick in this years draft.
Mike
Big Dogs
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

keepers

Postby speechjew » Sat Dec 28, 2002 10:30 pm

ok, you've got a stellar, young infield, keep all your starters and blalock, mags, dunn, and kearns are all studs. As for pitchers, obviously, keep prior and wood, perez, mussina, burnett. I would keep foulke too, now that he's in oakland. Beane can do amazing things with pitchers. Now, if you could only tell me where i can find a free keeper league.
A huge baseball and fantasy baseball fan
speechjew
T-Ball Trainer

keepers

Postby HOOTER » Tue Dec 31, 2002 4:59 am

From your 15, i would drop Rollins/Hampton/Lee and add Benitez/Kearns/Clement. Keep Pudge, hes way better then your 15th keeper. Benitez is a must, hes one of best, and with 150 guys protected, you wont get a good closer. Rollins is cutable, 250 hitting ss are out there.
HOOTER

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

keepers

Postby HOOTER » Tue Dec 31, 2002 5:00 am

From your 15, i would drop Rollins/Hampton/Lee and add Benitez/Kearns/Clement. Keep Pudge, hes way better then your 15th keeper. Benitez is a must, hes one of best, and with 150 guys protected, you wont get a good closer. Rollins is cutable, 250 hitting ss are out there.
HOOTER

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Return to Baseball Leftovers