Does Yahoo! allow hybrid fantasy formats? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Does Yahoo! allow hybrid fantasy formats?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Does Yahoo! allow hybrid fantasy formats?

Postby LCBOY » Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:11 pm

Does Yahoo! allow a league to have a roto regular season and a H2H playoff? Just curious...
LCBOY
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 2838
Joined: 10 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On third base trying to steal home.

Re: Does Yahoo! allow hybrid fantasy formats?

Postby The Jury » Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:13 pm

LCBOY wrote:Does Yahoo! allow a league to have a roto regular season and a H2H playoff? Just curious...
:-t
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3328
Joined: 17 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bronxxbomber » Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:18 pm

that would've been interesting.
Image
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3552
Joined: 7 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Watching Over Everything

Postby great gretzky » Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:32 pm

I always thought it would be fun to have a 4 by 4 by 2 league.

I hate that saves and steals are 20 percent of your score in roto -- I think their place in roto is way more improtant than the way things work in the real world. Combine saves and steals into one category -- either contribute to your score (yea, I know that there are more steals to go around probably, this is just an off the cuff daydream) and have head to head be a roto category.

In other words, the team with the most head to head wins gets 10 points, so on so forth. Even if teams are way out of it, they still can be interested by the head to head element of it. And the winner wouldn't be subject to the vagaries of the post season.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 3769
Joined: 3 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Washington, DC

Re: Does Yahoo! allow hybrid fantasy formats?

Postby LCBOY » Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:29 pm

The Jury wrote:
LCBOY wrote:Does Yahoo! allow a league to have a roto regular season and a H2H playoff? Just curious...
:-t


I assume :-t means Yahoo! does not allow this? Oh well. I guess our league can hand score a H2H playoff...
Last edited by LCBOY on Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LCBOY
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 2838
Joined: 10 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On third base trying to steal home.

Postby LCBOY » Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:31 pm

great gretzky wrote:I always thought it would be fun to have a 4 by 4 by 2 league.

I hate that saves and steals are 20 percent of your score in roto -- I think their place in roto is way more improtant than the way things work in the real world. Combine saves and steals into one category -- either contribute to your score (yea, I know that there are more steals to go around probably, this is just an off the cuff daydream) and have head to head be a roto category.

In other words, the team with the most head to head wins gets 10 points, so on so forth. Even if teams are way out of it, they still can be interested by the head to head element of it. And the winner wouldn't be subject to the vagaries of the post season.


Having a weighted roto scoring system would be better. Only is Roto is someone like Carl Crawford so valuable. In real baseball and H2H he is not that good or valuable.
Last edited by LCBOY on Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LCBOY
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 2838
Joined: 10 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On third base trying to steal home.

Postby great gretzky » Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:35 pm

yea where saves and steals were like worth half a category?

I find it silly that stolen bases are worth as much as a home run is to be honest.


won't happen though.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 3769
Joined: 3 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Washington, DC

Postby TheRawDAWG » Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:41 pm

great gretzky wrote:yea where saves and steals were like worth half a category?

I find it silly that stolen bases are worth as much as a home run is to be honest.


won't happen though.


Or have one category where you just add saves and steals together. That could work.
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 819
Joined: 16 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Roy Halladay Bandwagon

Postby great gretzky » Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:28 pm

yea, I said that earlier. i like that idea -- lets you choose how to draft too. but then sometimes I feel that the fantasy doesn't have to be a mirror image of real life. It does add strategy this way.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 3769
Joined: 3 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Washington, DC

Postby TheRawDAWG » Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:47 pm

Yup sorry, misread what you said earlier.
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 819
Joined: 16 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Roy Halladay Bandwagon


Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 9:34 hours
(and 97 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact