Holds Question - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Holds Question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Holds Question

Postby cadets1 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:37 pm

I have Brandon League from Toronto with hopes that he would give me some holds, he qualifies as an SP in yahoo. However I noticed that Scott Schoeneweis who is also an SP in Toronto has 2 holds in 2 days. Should I drop Legue for him?
cadets1
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Chuckles » Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:05 am

I don't know much about League, but I wouldn't touch Schoenwise. Is Hermanson available? He's a better candidate IMO. Good luck!
If you can help:

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=313880

Thanks!!!

It's not the size of the dog in a fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog!"
Chuckles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby getoffmywalrus » Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:49 am

can anyone tell me the definition of a hold. I've heard it's basically recording a save but just not in the 9th inning. Is this anywhere close to right? I'm just curious...
"Carl Everett's the best player in baseball, just ask him." -Ryan Dempster
getoffmywalrus
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Rirruto » Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:53 am

getoffmywalrus wrote:can anyone tell me the definition of a hold. I've heard it's basically recording a save but just not in the 9th inning. Is this anywhere close to right? I'm just curious...

It's basically holding the lead. Coming into the game and not giving up the lead and getting at least one out. Also, you cant get a hold and save in the same game.
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby studplaya1114 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:48 am

Rirruto wrote:
getoffmywalrus wrote:can anyone tell me the definition of a hold. I've heard it's basically recording a save but just not in the 9th inning. Is this anywhere close to right? I'm just curious...

It's basically holding the lead. Coming into the game and not giving up the lead and getting at least one out. Also, you cant get a hold and save in the same game.

Also, holds are only given when th team has a save opportunity. For example, if a pitcher comes in for the 7th inning with a 6-0 lead, holds will not be given. However, if the pitcher comes in for the 7th with a lead of 3-0 and his team scores 3 runs in the 8th inning, he will still receive the save, even if the final score is not that of a save situation .
studplaya1114
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers