Effects of Switching Leagues on Thome? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Effects of Switching Leagues on Thome?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How will Thome do this year?

Great first half, great second half.
7%
Average first half, great second half.
33%
Poor first half, great second half.
20%
Great first half, average second half.
No votes
Average first half, average second half.
13%
Poor first half, average second half.
20%
Great first half, poor second half.
No votes
Average first half, poor second half.
No votes
Poor first half, poor second half.
7%

Total votes : 15

Effects of Switching Leagues on Thome?

Postby mkoss » Fri Dec 27, 2002 10:47 am

Hi all. Last year Thome put up some amazing numbers. However, I think the first half of 2003 won't be very productive for him. A majority of the pitchers he will be facing for the first time. Plus, there will be a ton of pressure on him from the Phillie fans, and we all know their reputation. I remember when Griffey switched to the NL I had the same feelings. I thought he would be below par for the first half and I was right. Of course, I was expecting him to break out in the second half of 2000, but that never happened.

So, my question to you all: how well do you think Thome will do this year?

Michael.
From the official rulebook of baseball: "Baseball is a game played between two teams of nine players each." Therefore, baseball is a game played only in the National League.
mkoss
Projections Project
Projections Project

Home Cafe: Baseball

PS

Postby mkoss » Fri Dec 27, 2002 10:49 am

"great", "average", and "poor" relate to typical Thome years, not the average baseball player.
From the official rulebook of baseball: "Baseball is a game played between two teams of nine players each." Therefore, baseball is a game played only in the National League.
mkoss
Projections Project
Projections Project

Postby Mr. Potato Head » Fri Dec 27, 2002 9:48 pm

Thome's RBI total should remain in the 100's for next season since he'll be hitting in a much better lineup than he did last year. All his other numbers will come down though. He's moved from the AL central, which is the worst division in all of baseball pitching and hitting wise to the NL where the pitching is a whole lot better. He'll probably end up with decent numbers in 2003, but he won't have as good a year as he did last season.
.280-.290, with about 35 homers and 100+ RBI is probably what you should expect from him.
Mr. Potato Head
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

thome

Postby HOOTIE » Tue Dec 31, 2002 5:23 am

Thomes numbers will drop some, but thats due to him leaving the Jake, which was a bandbox. Thomes last 2 year home/road splits there are 60/41. As you can see, hes averaging 20 road hrs to 30 Jake homers. Instead of his back to back 49-52 hr years, expect around 40-42.
HOOTIE

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Return to Baseball Leftovers