Trivia Future

Moderator: Baseball Trivia Mods

Postby DK » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:04 pm

LBJackal wrote:
DK wrote:
LBJackal wrote:
DK wrote:
menyak wrote:
DK wrote:I may have missed this in the rules, but I was wondering... What happens if nobody gets the question correct?

It simply remains unanswered.

Well, if there's a week deadline, and I stump everyone with a question, shouldn't I get a point?

No that would start havok... all you'd see is impossible questions that nobody can answer.

And also... nobody answered the first question I posted. Time is ticking }:-)

Well, a bunch of people answered my question, they just all got it wrong. Maybe if a certain amount of people guess or something?

You're question was ridiculous and misleading though. The last thing I wasnt is people doing that just so they can get a trivia point.

Actually, it wasn't IMO... But to each his own, I suppose.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:26 pm

Nope, no points for questions that stump everyone. Coming up with truly obscure questions is too easy, and we'd wind up with only nuts that nobody can crack. Nothing wrong with challenging questions, of course, but it's good to have a mix of difficulties.

And I think you'll concede that that question was at least a bit misleading, DK. The major league home run mark is 755, after all, not 761... ;-)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby pokerplaya » Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:09 pm

Quite a few questions that have been answered, but their author has not registered an accepted answer. Anyway that this could become more efficient? :-?

Please folks, if your question has been answered and the allowed time has elapsed, please accept an answer! ;-D
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:12 pm

pokerplaya wrote:Quite a few questions that have been answered, but their author has not registered an accepted answer. Anyway that this could become more efficient? :-?

Please folks, if your question has been answered and the allowed time has elapsed, please accept an answer! ;-D

maybe the guy who posted the question could get an automated PM after the deadline asking him to go hit that "answer" button on the thread. :-)
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby menyak » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:29 am

kimchi_chigae wrote:maybe the guy who posted the question could get an automated PM after the deadline asking him to go hit that "answer" button on the thread. :-)

That would be ideal of course - the problem is that if it was that easy, we'd have done it already. :-? I guess our best bet is to have Hammy check the forum once a day for questions that have recently "expired". Before that, however, I'll go and implement that Trivia Box so the regular inboxes have room to breathe again. :-°
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kimchi_chigae » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:45 pm

menyak wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:maybe the guy who posted the question could get an automated PM after the deadline asking him to go hit that "answer" button on the thread. :-)

That would be ideal of course - the problem is that if it was that easy, we'd have done it already. :-? I guess our best bet is to have Hammy check the forum once a day for questions that have recently "expired". Before that, however, I'll go and implement that Trivia Box so the regular inboxes have room to breathe again. :-°

i didn't say it was gonna be easy. :-b ;-)

if you guys need a volunteer to check the questions that have not been answered by the original poster and PM him...i could do it. :-)
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby menyak » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:42 am

menyak wrote:
DK wrote:Speed up the making of the new Trivia folder, please. I came here and have 15 new messages, and it ain't because people trust me with their roto squads. O:-)

I will, but I'm afraid it will still take me at least 2 weeks to do it. Sorry about that - if the situation becomes unbearable, don't forget that you can also unsubscribe again. The season is long enough that you could probably still catch up. :-°

Done! :-)

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=117685
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby menyak » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:35 pm

I've noticed that participation in the quiz has dwindled over the weeks. 8-o Any ideas, suggestions, complaints, comments... :-?
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kimchi_chigae » Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:14 am

menyak wrote:I've noticed that participation in the quiz has dwindled over the weeks. 8-o Any ideas, suggestions, complaints, comments... :-?

yes...i've noticed that too...but i think that compared with the old format...we still have a good number of guys playing...

i dunno if other people do that...but when i get a new question...i usually open a new browser window and hit reply...so as soon as i read the question i can answer it on the other window...i do this cuz sometimes it takes a while for my computer to load the thread...but the problem of doing that is that it is hard to find the questions i'm looking for...because we only have the deadline and who posted it i have to search for the thread and sometimes it is way down on the page and not following the deadline order...maybe if the threads were kept in order...it would be easier to reply to them. well...i dunno it's just and idea.

anybody feel the same way?
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby menyak » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:14 am

One more question... I've extended the game to the football side as well, and now there are both types of questions mixed into the same trivia box. Do you think that's convenient, or do you want baseball questions only to show up on the baseball side, and football questions only on the football side? (Needless to say that, either way, baseball questions only count for the baseball standings, so it's really just a matter of convenience.) Perhaps it's getting to cluttered in a mixed box? :-?
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Trivia Time Trial