Rocks Correspondent on ESPN.com (re: Preston Wilson) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rocks Correspondent on ESPN.com (re: Preston Wilson)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rocks Correspondent on ESPN.com (re: Preston Wilson)

Postby T-Bone Costanza » Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:57 pm

I hadn't copied down exactly what this clown had said before yesterday, but I know he had posted that Preston Wilson will sit the Rockies' first four games. I remember because I said "F' that" and still put him in my lineup, but if anybody had listened to this guy they got boned out of an HR on opening day.

So today I go back there today, and he has this gem posted:

Preston Wilson Plays On Opening Day
I'm going to make one thing perfectly clear...The advice I gave about benching Preston Wilson came directly from something that Clint Hurdle said, as reported by the Denver Post...I am not responsible for Clint Hurdle or the Rox changing their mind at the last minure...I lost out on those stats as well as you guys... so instead of emailing me and complaining that your entire fantasy season is shot after 1 game...Try emailing Clint Hurdle and ask him why he pulled a Mike Shanahan. BTW...Everyone is welcome for the tips on playing Miles (if you did)..and Holliday...both looked very good on opening day.
- ESPN Fantasy Baseball Rockies Correspondent Steven Perkins

Jeez, if I had made the idiotic mistake of telling everyone Wilson was sitting and caused dudes to miss out on the HR, I would be as embarrassed as hell by such an egregious mistake. I'd certainly be more apologetic than this jerk. If Stephen Perkins had any balls and dignity, he would have said he was sorry he led everyone to think Preston wasn't playing, instead of sounding so defensive about it. I highly doubt anyone was actually saying their season was ruined, they were just rightfully pissed off. Then he continues looking like a tool by saying he made the right call about Miles and Holliday.... duh! Who the heck doesn't know about them?

Just found this kind of amusing, and I'd be angry if I had listened and sat Wilson.
T-Bone Costanza
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:00 pm

Maybe he could have been more apologetic but he does have a point. I always make sure to find at least 2 sources that agree on something first but the final decision goes on me.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby PacmanJr » Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:00 pm

The most idiotic thing a person can do in this situation is make a decision on a player based on somebody ELSE's opinion and then BITCH if the OTHER person is wrong. :-t

Be original. Do your own research. Make your OWN decisions based on your thoughts.
PacmanJr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Fireball Express » Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:04 pm

Here's a suggestion. Try the local papers for news on your players, especially when it comes to injuries.

Here's an article from the Rocky Mountain News that would have saved a lot of people plenty of grief.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/r ... 96,00.html

Wilson's left knee survives rigors of spring
By Tracy Ringolsby, Rocky Mountain News
April 2, 2005

ALBUQUERQUE - Center fielder Preston Wilson has passed his spring-training test.

His surgically repaired left knee held up just fine during the exhibition season, and he will be in the lineup, hitting fourth, when the Rockies open the regular season against the San Diego Padres at Coors Field on Monday afternoon.

We're ecstatic with his progress," manager Clint Hurdle said. "He has not had one setback. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we get him through this."

Wilson is giving his left knee, on which he underwent two operations in the past year, a major test in the final days of spring training. He played five innings in the Rockies' 11-2 loss to the Texas Rangers at Isotopes Park on Friday night, after a seven-inning stint for the first time this spring.

He is scheduled to be in the lineup again today against the Rockies' Class AAA affiliate Colorado Springs Sky Sox, which would mark the first time he has played three consecutive days.

Wilson is wearing a brace.

"Why take a chance?" said Wilson. "I have been doing so great this spring, why mess with it? It doesn't bother me."
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Stello12 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:29 pm

My rule is to use other people's opinions to merely open my eyes to things I may not have known or strategies I hadn't yet considered. If I would have seen this nonsense about Wilson not playing, common sense would have led me down the road of doing my OWN research to confirm. No offense, but it serves people right if they neglected to do their homework.
Stello12
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby T-Bone Costanza » Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:36 pm

Hopefully you guys are reading my post correctly..... I started Wilson, I'm just pointing out the idiocy of the situation, both Rockies Correspondent Stephen Jenkins and anyone who listened to him.
T-Bone Costanza
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Rocks Correspondent on ESPN.com (re: Preston Wilson)

Postby reiser » Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:54 pm

T-Bone Costanza wrote: Jeez, if I had made the idiotic mistake of telling everyone Wilson was sitting and caused dudes to miss out on the HR, I would be as embarrassed as hell by such an egregious mistake

it is just one game. people need to get a life!
if that makes or breaks your fantsy season, stick to fantasy football.
reiser
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BuccoBattalion » Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:27 pm

I played him and got hooked, I knew he'd play...
BuccoBattalion
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jjigglers » Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:27 pm

T-Bone Costanza wrote:Hopefully you guys are reading my post correctly..... I started Wilson, I'm just pointing out the idiocy of the situation, both Rockies Correspondent Stephen Jenkins and anyone who listened to him.

Who is Stephen Jenkins?
jjigglers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers