Come on Dusty Baker!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Come on Dusty Baker!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Carey Saders » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:47 am

Zambrano is on my team, and I screaming for him to be pulled. Better he doesn't get the win than he continues to destroy my ERA and WHIP.

Zambrano was his own worst enemy out there. If he'd just settle down and throw strikes, he'd be an absolute stud. I worry about his make up, to be honest.
Carey Saders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Darkie Satchels » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:44 am

Carey Saders wrote:Zambrano is on my team, and I screaming for him to be pulled. Better he doesn't get the win than he continues to destroy my ERA and WHIP.

Zambrano was his own worst enemy out there. If he'd just settle down and throw strikes, he'd be an absolute stud. I worry about his make up, to be honest.

He's a kid. Having the clam of Prior and quasi-god advise from Maddux will only help. But just don't let him get drunk with Wood in a bar near boys town. !+)

Great indie Music Website: http://www.pensatos.com
Darkie Satchels
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:45 am

Carey Saders wrote:Zambrano is on my team, and I screaming for him to be pulled. Better he doesn't get the win than he continues to destroy my ERA and WHIP.

Agree - not a good sign to complain to umps when you're nibbling with a 7 run lead. His stuff is too good. Throw it donw the middle with a lead that big. Don't let the ump throw you off. It wasn't the ump's fault he threw only 58 strikes in 106 pitches.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby Darkie Satchels » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:46 am

slomo007 wrote:
Bobblehead wrote:I thought that I heard that Zam was ejected for arguing balls and strikes with the umps.

He was ejected on his way off the field (when he was pulled by Dusty) for being an idiot. :-P

He told the ump he needed glasses - which is tame for his sailor-approved mouth. But from different angles, I'm sure he said something else. He had been complaining all day for the calls he was getting (some justified). But that's the game and he needs to learn to play it with a calm head.

Great indie Music Website: http://www.pensatos.com
Darkie Satchels
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers