Come on Dusty Baker!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Come on Dusty Baker!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Come on Dusty Baker!!!

Postby prodpaul » Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:56 am

Let him (Zambrano) get one more out for the win...UGH!!!!

Tetelestai
prodpaul
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nikku88 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:10 am

Zambrano deserved to be pulled. He was ugly today.
My apologies. I have a nephew named Anfernee, and I know how mad he gets when I call him Anthony. Almost as mad as I get when I think about the fact that my sister named him Anfernee.
nikku88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby chadxor » Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:30 am

i thought we're always complaining about how much he leaves players in there :-?

anyway, i believe he got ejected. not a good sign for hot headed zammy
chadxor
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby slomo007 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:18 am

chadxor wrote:i thought we're always complaining about how much he leaves players in there :-?

LOL, that's what I was thinking as well. Strange how fickle fantasy managers can be. :-b
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Darkie Satchels » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:26 am

But with 7 plus spread with only one out to go to get a win for Zam, you think he'd let him work his way through it. I'm all about watching the pitch count as well, but this wasn't a count issue. He should have pulled a Bobby Knight - not called a time out and let his players figure out how to get themselves out of a mess.

Great indie Music Website: http://www.pensatos.com
Darkie Satchels
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby slomo007 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:29 am

Darkie Satchels wrote:But with 7 plus spread with only one out to go to get a win for Zam, you think he'd let him work his way through it. I'm all about watching the pitch count as well, but this wasn't a count issue. He should have pulled a Bobby Knight - not called a time out and let his players figure out how to get themselves out of a mess.

Not a pitch count issue? He was well over 100 pitches on opening day wasn't he? That seems a little extreme already, and it's only the first day! I think pulling him was the only option. Zam was really upset with the umpire, and Arizona was one swing of the bat away from making it a 3 run deficit. He did what he had to, I don't think Dusty cares how many "wins" Carlos gets.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Darkie Satchels » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:41 am

slomo007 wrote:
Darkie Satchels wrote:But with 7 plus spread with only one out to go to get a win for Zam, you think he'd let him work his way through it. I'm all about watching the pitch count as well, but this wasn't a count issue. He should have pulled a Bobby Knight - not called a time out and let his players figure out how to get themselves out of a mess.

Not a pitch count issue? He was well over 100 pitches on opening day wasn't he? That seems a little extreme already, and it's only the first day! I think pulling him was the only option. Zam was really upset with the umpire, and Arizona was one swing of the bat away from making it a 3 run deficit. He did what he had to, I don't think Dusty cares how many "wins" Carlos gets.

Hell, I didn't know he was at the century mark already. If so, then I digress. I'd rather have a healthy Zam and a win for the team than a broken down chubby guy on the mound pitching my next game in a week.

Great indie Music Website: http://www.pensatos.com
Darkie Satchels
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby slomo007 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:43 am

Darkie Satchels wrote:
slomo007 wrote:

Hell, I didn't know he was at the century mark already. If so, then I digress. I'd rather have a healthy Zam and a win for the team than a broken down chubby guy on the mound pitching my next game in a week.

LMAO, nice reconsideration. And yeah, I think he was at pitch 106 or something like that. He did not have his best stuff, as only about half of his pitches were strikes.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Bobblehead » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:30 am

I thought that I heard that Zam was ejected for arguing balls and strikes with the umps.
Bobblehead
College Coach
College Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby slomo007 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:30 am

Bobblehead wrote:I thought that I heard that Zam was ejected for arguing balls and strikes with the umps.

He was ejected on his way off the field (when he was pulled by Dusty) for being an idiot. :-P
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers