Michael Cuddyer value - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Michael Cuddyer value

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Michael Cuddyer value

Postby bobby » Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:21 am

I'm interested in the guy. He's listed as a 1B/2B/3B/OF and I like versitility. He's the starting 3B on Minnesota I believe. Can anyone help me out and tell me a little about him? I'm thinking about making a trade offer for him but I don't know much about this guy and don't really know what his value is.

Thanks! :-)
bobby
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cmchampa2 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:15 am

Cuddyer has been a top prospect for several years, though his stock has dropped a little because his potential hasn't meant results yet. He should hit for a good, if not great, average. I think a high batting average will be his calling. He has pretty good power for a 2B and slightly below average pop for a corner infielder. He'll probably swipe a handful of bags.

He's a good value in my mind because he's a lock to be starting (unless he absolutely falls on his face) on a good team, he qualifies at every position, and he has all kinds of (as yet unfulfilled) potential.
I'm not just the president of the Cornbread Maxwell Fan Club, I'm also the only member.
cmchampa2
College Coach
College Coach

Postby AKhomebrewer » Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:30 am

Depends on your league setup and needs, but he could be useful. In my 14-teamer I got him late as a sort of uber-sub (1b, 2b, 3b, OF) with nice, though uncertain, upside.
• Aaron Hill: Avoids DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
• Aaron Hill: Headed for DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)

Postby AcidRock23 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:14 am

I have him and Figgins on one of my teams and it does make it a LOT easier to fill lineup spots, for what that's worth. I have Inge on another team and he appears to be equally handy...
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby looptid » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:22 am

Cuddyer was the heir apparent to right field after the numbers he put up in AAA in 2002:

.309 / .379 / .594 with 20 HR in just 330 AB. He also did well during the 2002 postseason. Since then he's been jerked around when he didn't instantly take the league by storm in the first week and a half of 2003, and hasn't been alowed to play regularly for even a two week period, let alone at a stable position. Now, finally, he'll be in the line-up everyday. And only has to worry about playing one poition (third).

Cuddyer does have upside. 25 homer upside. Batting infront of Rivas as he did on opening day, I wonder how much he'll get to hit though.
looptid
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TB13 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:17 am

[quote="looptid"]Cuddyer does have upside. 25 homer upside. Batting infront of Rivas as he did on opening day, I wonder how much he'll get to hit though.[/quote]

I think that Cuddyer has fantastic value this year at 2nd. If he does indeed hit around .280 w/ around 20-25 hrs, those are great numbers at a very weak position. Add to that his multiple position elegibilities (great if you are in a HTH league) and he has great value this year.
I have been beating the Cuddyer drum so much, I am beginning to sound like Cornbread & Infante. 8-o
TB13
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby baseballnewb » Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:26 pm

The twins will have enough injuries this year that cuddyer will move up in the order for a lot of his AB's. I wouldn't be too concerned with it just yet.
baseballnewb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Perfect UT guy

Postby baseballrich » Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:12 pm

Cuddyer is a perfect UT guy on any team. As a starter he will go 275/80/20/75/15. In a few leagues I have him, Inge and Feliz - I will get 162 games at every position
baseballrich
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby RAmst23 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:26 pm

This kinda underscores for me the value that can be found at 2B. There are few 2B now that steal bases, and the top SB guy at 2nd will probably only swipe about 30. Ignoring SBs at this position and going for the very late round draft picks (Cuddyer probably undrafted in many shallower leagues) can lead to some great value.

I've done this with a couple teams, where I have a lot of stolen bases from the OF and grab a real late round 2B who is going to have strong numbers everywhere except the SB column.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby scb175 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:29 pm

Would you guys take Luis Castillo over Cuddyer? I'm in a 14 team league, and Cuddyer is still on the FA list. I have Castillo, and i've always been a fan of him, but his stats are starting to decline.

Whats ur take on this ?
scb175
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers