Opinions on F.Catalanotto(Tor) Pls.. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Opinions on F.Catalanotto(Tor) Pls..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Opinions on F.Catalanotto(Tor) Pls..

Postby OldBloodhound » Sat May 10, 2003 5:03 pm

All opinions welcome, but especially anyone who follows the Bluejays---What's up with Catalanotto? I've picked him up as a Free Agent, but never can get much info on him... Is he every day starter,is he filling in for someone hurt, what? With the number of positions he's eligble for in my league I wanna say he's a utility guy, but his numbers and playing time say otherwise. Anyone got the dirt on him...? Thanks in advance.
"...And this one belongs to the Reds!"
OldBloodhound
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mcqfesijiba » Mon May 12, 2003 9:32 am

He's pretty much an everyday starter. What I mean is he plays pretty much everyday, but will sit out an occasional game when they face a left handed starter. Look at his numbers against RHP and you will see why they can't keep him out of the lineup.
One word of caution however is that Jayson Werth could steal more and more of Cat's playing time as the season progresses.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Catalanatto

Postby Brew Jays » Mon May 12, 2003 11:24 am

The Blue Jays GM, Ricciardi, loves Catalanatto. He was third in the league in hitting a few years back. Expect him to play 6 games a week and to continue to hit in the .300+ range. Will score runs hitting out of the #2 spot, but the blue jays don't steal - Ever. Another Ricciardi philosophy.

He's worth hanging onto to, because you'll never get his real value in a trade...

Downside is a history of back problems, which haven't surfaced so far this year.
Brew Jays

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby OldBloodhound » Mon May 12, 2003 6:17 pm

Exactly what I needed...thank you both!!!
"...And this one belongs to the Reds!"
OldBloodhound
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Baseball Leftovers