Will the Brewers miss Scotty Pods? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Will the Brewers miss Scotty Pods?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Will the Brewers miss Scotty Pods?

Postby packslu1 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:19 pm

Who is this Brady Clark fella you say? 3 runs scored, 2 steals, 2 rib's and some decent D plays in centerfield. The Brewer announcers were commenting on how Pods was somewhat of a defensive liability last year and Clark is an improvement. I don't remember Pods being a liability in the OF? Anyway its early, but if Clark keeps up a reasonable pace compared to this start, people in Brew town will soon forget Pods.....any thoughts?
packslu1
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SuptownSpartans34 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:34 pm

Pods or Lee?

I'll take Lee, especially if runs keep comin' for the brewcrew!
Woo Badgers
SuptownSpartans34
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:45 am

SuptownSpartans34 wrote:Pods or Lee?

I'll take Lee, especially if runs keep comin' for the brewcrew!
Exactly. The ChiSox got robbed in that deal. I think the ChiSox are going to miss Lee a lot more than the Brewers are going to miss Pods.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 291)

Postby Sunspot » Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:58 am

Brady Clark is finally getting his shot. After scuffling with the Reds and Mets before coming to the Brewers in 2003, he finally showed promise with his 2004 oppertunity. His value will be in Stolen Bases and Runs, but also has a good On Base % and a little pop in his bat too!
I'm looking for:
.290 BA, 101 Runs, 15-18 Homers, 50 RBI, and 40 SB's

So long Scotty Pods!
Sunspot
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby slomo007 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:13 am

Sunspot wrote:Brady Clark is finally getting his shot. After scuffling with the Reds and Mets before coming to the Brewers in 2003, he finally showed promise with his 2004 oppertunity. His value will be in Stolen Bases and Runs, but also has a good On Base % and a little pop in his bat too!
I'm looking for:

So long Scotty Pods!

I think around 12 HRs and 30 Steals is a little more likely.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:19 am

slomo007 wrote:
Sunspot wrote:Brady Clark is finally getting his shot. After scuffling with the Reds and Mets before coming to the Brewers in 2003, he finally showed promise with his 2004 oppertunity. His value will be in Stolen Bases and Runs, but also has a good On Base % and a little pop in his bat too!
I'm looking for:

So long Scotty Pods!

I think Slomo's numbers are much more likely.
Seems like he has a more favorable impression of Clark than he had a month ago. :-D
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 291)

Postby slomo007 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:21 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
I'm looking for:

So long Scotty Pods!

I think Slomo's numbers are much more likely.
Seems like he has a more favorable impression of Clark than he had a month ago. :-D

Hard to ignore 2 steals on opening day, but he's still on the FA list in my league, so it's not like I'm exactly crazed about him. So far though, you were right and I was wrong. :-)
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Re: Will the Brewers miss Scotty Pods?

Postby Scooter1027 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:21 am

packslu1 wrote:Who is this Brady Clark fella you say? 3 runs scored, 2 steals, 2 rib's and some decent D plays in centerfield. The Brewer announcers were commenting on how Pods was somewhat of a defensive liability last year and Clark is an improvement. I don't remember Pods being a liability in the OF? Anyway its early, but if Clark keeps up a reasonable pace compared to this start, people in Brew town will soon forget Pods.....any thoughts?

Yeah, Pods was a serious liability in the field. He'd run himself in circles trying to hunt down flyballs, and then his farily weak arm didn't help matters either. Clark is undoubtedly a defensive upgrade, although he's no Dave Krynzel in that respect.

40 SB for Brady sounds a little too optimisitic. I think 25-30 is a fair assesment, maybe 15 HR or so. He should score runs hitting in front of Spivey/Overbay/Lee/Jenkins, 100+ would not surprise. I would just be thrilled if he reproduced last season's .380 OBP.

Oh, and packslu1...nice picture sig.
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby hybrid » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:28 am

I think it's more Carlos Lee that will make people forget Pods, then Brady Clark. Though Clark should be a good replacement for now, though he might have to watch out for Krynzel in the future.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Re: Will the Brewers miss Scotty Pods?

Postby packslu1 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:05 am

Scooter1027 wrote:
packslu1 wrote:Who is this Brady Clark fella you say? 3 runs scored, 2 steals, 2 rib's and some decent D plays in centerfield. The Brewer announcers were commenting on how Pods was somewhat of a defensive liability last year and Clark is an improvement. I don't remember Pods being a liability in the OF? Anyway its early, but if Clark keeps up a reasonable pace compared to this start, people in Brew town will soon forget Pods.....any thoughts?

Yeah, Pods was a serious liability in the field. He'd run himself in circles trying to hunt down flyballs, and then his farily weak arm didn't help matters either. Clark is undoubtedly a defensive upgrade, although he's no Dave Krynzel in that respect.

40 SB for Brady sounds a little too optimisitic. I think 25-30 is a fair assesment, maybe 15 HR or so. He should score runs hitting in front of Spivey/Overbay/Lee/Jenkins, 100+ would not surprise. I would just be thrilled if he reproduced last season's .380 OBP.

Oh, and packslu1...nice picture sig.

Thanks, you can credit leal on that one, he did a great job with it!!
packslu1
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers