Another dummy who drafted Bonds early--will rate yours too! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Another dummy who drafted Bonds early--will rate yours too!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ike301 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:38 am

intense wrote:I like your team alot actually, there seems to be no real weakness... I'd say try to trade for another good OFer and you'll be good to go.

agreed. hard to bank on Bonds coming back. something smells fishy.
Post your link, I will answer yours to the best of my knowledge.

"I know what I speak, and I speak what I know."
ike301
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby abstractpoet » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:45 am

Well, my feeling is that all that talk about Bonds retiring and sitting out the season is just him being a crybaby. I think he'll be back by early June and still put up good numbers, maybe .330 and 25-30 homers, lots of runs and RBIs. If that's the case, it makes up for my draft day blunder (it was a live quickdraft, and I think I just had a brain freeze for a moment--didn't get a chance to prepare my cheatsheet in advance).

Regarding Preston Wilson, I hear he might sit out the opening series, still recovering from that knee injury--anyone know? If so, I'll leave him on the bench for now. In general, I like playing Colorado players when they're at home.
abstractpoet
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby abstractpoet » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:04 pm

let's try just one more bump.
abstractpoet
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby knapplc » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:24 pm

Your last bump got you a comment from me, which is to say you're really scraping the bottom of the barrel now. :-D

I think you've got a really solid team, and I agree with whoever said Bonds will be back sooner rather than later. He's a gamer, and he's absolutely driven to be the HR king. He'll be back as soon as he can, and he'll hit 25-30, just like the man said.

I'd kill for your starting pitching. ;-D
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby sublime8414 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:39 pm

looks like you should be able to scrap out a few wins until berkman and bonds get back, and i wouldn't even consider trading berkman and morneau unless you're getting a top 20 or maybe even 15 bat. and i don't think matsui qualifies. You're pitching is pretty solid, but having radke and santana in a head to head league might not work out so well. hopefully with them and morneau and ford you're a big twins fan this year. i also like ford over brynes unles obp or is a category. ford is poised for a 15-15 maybe 20-20 year in better lineup. i think you should be able to make the playoffs.
sublime8414
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby abstractpoet » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:15 pm

Really? I'm pretty high on Matsui--I don't think the "experts" are exaggerating when they say he could have an MVP year. But your post makes me think twice about making any hasty trades. Thanks for the tip.

As far as my pitching staff goes, thanks, knapplc, for the compliment. i don't know what happened--i had a mediocre first part of the draft, but then i was able to pick up all these pitchers late. Perez in the 12th, Garcia in the 13th, Radke in the 15th, Penny in the 17th, Weaver off waivers.

But I'm proudest of snagging Morneau in the 14th and Preston Wilson in the 16th. Not to toot my own horn or anything. :-]

Thanks for all the help, guys. Maybe I made out better than I thought.
abstractpoet
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Yanks 4ev » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:38 pm

dl bonds or berkman pick up someone like reggie sanders for pop and wait it out till their back and ur steam rolling teams.

oh and i do think that bonds will be back hes prob just taking his dear sweet time because he has some "juice" to get out of his system

and i do think that matsui will be huge this year 3rd year is usually break out year unless your ichiro or pujols of course
<
Yanks 4ev
College Coach
College Coach

Postby abstractpoet » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:54 pm

Both are DLed already. But thanks. ;-)
abstractpoet
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous