Wresltmania... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Wresltmania...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Wresltmania...

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:06 pm

is anyone watching and could you give me some news?
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:25 pm

i changed my mind this afternoon and decided not to get it.... watch it be the best wrestling show in several years, since i decided against it.....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SuptownSpartans34 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:33 pm

my little brother was watching it and all i know is Hulk Hogan came back and wrested in a match or somethin like that. I know NOTHING about wrestling. :-)
Woo Badgers
SuptownSpartans34
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:39 pm

i guess hogan came and beat up hassan, after hassan beat up eugene! haha, awsome.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:24 pm

It's actually been pretty gay. :-°

I don't know if I missed any but:

1. Mysterio
2. Edge
3. Undertaker
4. Trish
5. Angle
6. Big Show lost
7. Cena

The HHH match is starting right now.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:52 pm

Lofunzo wrote:It's actually been pretty gay. :-°

I don't know if I missed any but:

1. Mysterio
2. Edge
3. Undertaker
4. Trish
5. Angle
6. Big Show lost
7. Cena

The HHH match is starting right now.

WOOOOHOOO! The WWE still has some of my respect. ;-D
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:53 pm

And the best for last.......HHH didn't win. :-) :-°
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Madison » Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:45 am

It was a good show. My take:

Mysterio vs. Eddy-----Good actual wrestling match with Mysterio pulling out the victory in the end. Eddy seemed incredibly depressed, but shook Rey's hand at the end of it.

Edge won the ladder match and gets the title shot. Really looked like Benoit was going to win it, but Edge wound up with it.

Undertaker wiped up Orton even with "Cowboy" Bob Orton interfering. Knew Undertaker was going to win it though. Too many problems with Orton and his big head in the back. This match was to teach him a lesson about respect and 'Taker was not very forgiving during the match. Beat him up fairly good.

Trish beat Christy. Christy did show she can wrestle some, but Trish was definitely looking good and in shape again.

Angle beat HBK. Long, long, long, boring match. Really, really boring. Not sure why, but the crowd was really behind Angle. He's from Pittsburgh and they were in Hollywood, so it wasn't a hometown thing. Guess everyone's tired of HBK. Anyway, painfully long boring match.

Show got beaten. He did pick up Akibono at one point, but Akibono used the leverage to toss Show out of the circle.

Cena beat JBL. I'm a bit stunned that they let Cena win. JBL has beaten 'Taker twice (due to interference), beat Show at the last pay-per-view, and has held the title longer than anyone in the last 7 years. Odd that they let Cena beat him clean. The oddest part is that it was a very short match. Didn't take long at all. I'm going to do some digging, but maybe JBL was injured or something. That's the only reason why I can see that match ending so quick.

Batista beat HHH. Beat him to a bloody pulp and had to deal with Flair's constant interference. HHH gave a good show, but Batista really never seemed to be in any real trouble during the match. He took a beating from HHH, but nothing so bad that you thought HHH was going to win. There was a short lived moment where HHH hit Batista with the title, but other than that, it was mostly Batista's match.

Eugene came out and Hassan attacked him. Hogan came out and beat up Hassan and his manager to the fan's delight.

Piper and Stone Cold in Piper's Pit was a funny segment. You just had to see it. Carlito came out and started flapping his gums, so Piper and Austin kicked the crap out of him. Then they drank beer together (Stone Cold Style) and in the end, Austin gave the stunner to Piper and left while still drinking beer.

Overall, I give the show a decent rating. Nice to see Batista and 'Taker win (even though 'Taker's win was expected). The only odd thing was the length of time (or should I say the shortness) of the Cena/JBL match. Not a bad show though. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:28 am

Madison wrote:Overall, I give the show a decent rating. Nice to see Batista and 'Taker win (even though 'Taker's win was expected). The only odd thing was the length of time (or should I say the shortness) of the Cena/JBL match. Not a bad show though. ;-D

You weren't saying that a few weeks ago... }:-)

I am so glad they had the Undertaker win. It's all about the streak, man! Orton deserves it anyway because I don't think many people like him. He sure wasn't getting over as a face.

I like Angle, and I'm tired of Michaels personally. He doesn't have flair anymore to keep me attentive for a long, boring match. Bret Hart vs. Michaels Iron-Man match (which I watched on TV) was good, but that was a long time ago.

Wrestlemania almost always ends with a good guy winning the Championship, and it's good for the fans. Like I said on the other side, the question now is how long HHH will let him keep the belt. :-P

Did anyone see any good signs in the crowd? I should have asked people to look for them for me. :-B
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Madison » Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:41 am

Mercer Boy wrote:
Madison wrote:Overall, I give the show a decent rating. Nice to see Batista and 'Taker win (even though 'Taker's win was expected). The only odd thing was the length of time (or should I say the shortness) of the Cena/JBL match. Not a bad show though. ;-D

You weren't saying that a few weeks ago... }:-)

Yeah, I know, but after a bit of digging, I found out just how upset management is with him behind the scenes. Made me a whole lot more comfortable that 'Taker would crush him. :-)

Mercer Boy wrote:Did anyone see any good signs in the crowd? I should have asked people to look for them for me. :-B

Actually, there were not that many signs, which is kind of unusual. It's possible that security took most of them due to size and stuff since it was Wrestlemania. The only signs I remember offhand were for Cena, Batista, and 'Taker. None that really stood out as a great sign though.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to General Talk