Alex Sanchez suspended for violating MLB drug polocy - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Detroit Tigers

Alex Sanchez suspended for violating MLB drug polocy

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Alex Sanchez suspended for violating MLB drug polocy

Postby Dannomyte » Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:59 pm

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) -- Tampa Bay outfielder Alex Sanchez was suspended 10 days for violating baseball's new steroids policy, the first player publicly identified under the major leagues' tougher rules.

The suspension begins Monday when Tampa Bay opens its season against Toronto, the commissioner's office said Sunday.

Under the new policy that took effect last month, steroids and other performance-enchancing substances are the only drugs to draw a 10-day suspension. Baseball officials and the players' union agreed they would not disclose the exact substance for which a player tests positive.

Sanchez said he was surprised by the suspension, adding that he uses milkshakes and multivitamins to build his energy -- and blaming the positive test on something he bought over the counter.

``I'm going to fight it, because I've never taken steroids or anything like that,'' said Sanchez, who was released by Detroit in mid-March and signed by the Devil Rays.

Who would have thought that steroids help you with bunting!
Dannomyte
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cmchampa2 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:32 pm

Get ready for waves of "It musta been a multi-vitamin/flaxeed oil/cough medicane" and "I'm gonna appeal."

Appeal? These are the same guys that appeal suspensions after getting in fights. "Look, we saw you in that fight... it's on tape... we've got 40,000 witnesses!"

Personally, I'm looking forward to the roiders getting outed. It's like watching COPS.
I'm not just the president of the Cornbread Maxwell Fan Club, I'm also the only member.
cmchampa2
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Detroit Tigers