We have our first positive tester! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

We have our first positive tester!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:58 pm

GotowarMissAgnes wrote:
wrveres wrote:Just goes to show you how well the press has spun steriods, now doesn't it.

how come we havent seen any speed burners on any of these lists people like to make up in here.

and technically, the first person caught using steriods was a pitcher in the Angels organization and that was last preseason. (his name escapes me) ..

BTW the pitcher was busted for using Andro!

Derrick Turnbow and Termel Sledge both tested positive last year.

I thought Sledge was the Olympics? I thought thats what it was, not MLB testing.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby willieroe » Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:00 pm

Suspicions arose concerning Sanchez' steriod usage when, in a recent game at the plate, Sanchez laid down a beautiful drag bunt that caromed off the right-center field wall.

Oh, is April Fools over? :-D
willieroe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wrveres » Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:02 pm

GotowarMissAgnes wrote:
MMoNeY24 wrote:Blah, blah, blah whatever. Nobody wants to hear Sanchez' or anyone elses stories and when you get tested positive, theres a 99% chance it's true. If anyone saw Pudge get interviewed during that Tigers ST game a couple days ago you know he was talking out of his @$$ when asked about it.

It's not 99% chance it's true. Fasle positive rates on these tests run from about 5 to 15 percent, so anywhere form 1 out of every 20 to one out of every 7 will show steroid use when none took place.

But you can rest assured it will almost 100% "career ruined" when MLB publishes the names. And if it is found out that Sanchez didn't take anything, it won't be front page news thats for sure. People don't "Care" about that, just so long as they get to point thier finger. ;-)
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 720)

Postby wrveres » Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:03 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:
GotowarMissAgnes wrote:
wrveres wrote:Just goes to show you how well the press has spun steriods, now doesn't it.

how come we havent seen any speed burners on any of these lists people like to make up in here.

and technically, the first person caught using steriods was a pitcher in the Angels organization and that was last preseason. (his name escapes me) ..

BTW the pitcher was busted for using Andro!

Derrick Turnbow and Termel Sledge both tested positive last year.

I thought Sledge was the Olympics? I thought thats what it was, not MLB testing.

Sledge was busted by the Olympics.
Turnbow was busted by MLB
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:04 pm

wrveres wrote:
GotowarMissAgnes wrote:
MMoNeY24 wrote:Blah, blah, blah whatever. Nobody wants to hear Sanchez' or anyone elses stories and when you get tested positive, theres a 99% chance it's true. If anyone saw Pudge get interviewed during that Tigers ST game a couple days ago you know he was talking out of his @$$ when asked about it.

It's not 99% chance it's true. Fasle positive rates on these tests run from about 5 to 15 percent, so anywhere form 1 out of every 20 to one out of every 7 will show steroid use when none took place.

But you can rest assured it will almost 100% "career ruined" when MLB publishes the names. And if it is found out that Sanchez didn't take anything, it won't be front page news thats for sure. People don't "Care" about that, just so long as they get to point thier finger. ;-)

Alex Sanchez had a career? :-? :-b April Fools is over, wrveres.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:05 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:
wrveres wrote:
GotowarMissAgnes wrote:

Alex Sanchez had a career? :-? :-b April Fools is over, wrveres.

lol ... :-b
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Sign of Eth » Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:35 pm

wrveres wrote:Sledge was busted by the Olympics.
I don't know about Sledge, but I'm 100% positive Turnbow was busted by the Olympics. I just read an article about him a couple days ago.
Sign of Eth
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Pacman » Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:37 pm

willieroe wrote:Suspicions arose concerning Sanchez' steriod usage when, in a recent game at the plate, Sanchez laid down a beautiful drag bunt that caromed off the right-center field wall.

:-b
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Fireball Express » Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:38 pm

Ha!
This gives new meaning to the words Dirty Sanchez!
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wrveres » Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:39 pm

Sign of Eth wrote:
wrveres wrote:Sledge was busted by the Olympics.
I don't know about Sledge, but I'm 100% positive Turnbow was busted by the Olympics. I just read an article about him a couple days ago.

hmm, Maybe I got it backwords. :-o
I thought Turnbow was caught by MLB.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers