Brazoban Vs. Miguel Batista - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Brazoban Vs. Miguel Batista

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby t2green2 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:42 pm

Twinskies wrote:could anyone see Batista having a Danny Graves type season? Both of these guys were pretty average as starters and no one really expected much of them as closers. I wouldnt be surprised if it happened.

<-------That guy ;-D ;-D
t2green2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheYanks04 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:44 pm

Graves was always a decent but not tremendous closer at least for fantasy purposes. It was the Reds making him a starter that messed things up. I do not think you can compare Batistsa with anyone but Batista. He is/was not a great SP and how he handles the role as closer is anyone's guess. He could be decent or he could be awful. Trying to predict that you mayas well break outthe Magic-8 ball imo.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby t2green2 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:51 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:Graves was always a decent but not tremendous closer at least for fantasy purposes. It was the Reds making him a starter that messed things up. I do not think you can compare Batistsa with anyone but Batista. He is/was not a great SP and how he handles the role as closer is anyone's guess. He could be decent or he could be awful. Trying to predict that you mayas well break outthe Magic-8 ball imo.

Yea but is that not what late round picks are? Taking a guy (which I admit I liked Batista last year as a starter in the draft) and looking at his numbers and history and trying to prdict or guess what he may do.

There are always guys who bust out every season. I am buy no means predicting Batista is the next Graves or even Gagne. But I am saying for a 3 closer he could be a gem or better.
t2green2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TheYanks04 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:57 pm

Yes. I just think he is more likely to be a bust. The Tor closer situation has been nothing short of a disaster for a couple of yearrs now and every new guy they try seems to not be able to hold the job for more than a month or two. Batista is a good pickup, but I would be sweating it out if I actually needed him on a team.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby t2green2 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:00 pm

Ok we will agree to disagree. I have no problem taking heat for calling Batista a good pick later if he is a bust.

I just think he is better suited to the closer role and will make people wish he was higher on their board.
t2green2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Jmon » Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:23 pm

Depending on your league, Batista may be used as a SP or RP, which could be a big advantage. I have him in a H2H league that requires 5 SP and 2 RP, so he is valuable there.
Jmon
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers