I'm new at this...please evaluate - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

I'm new at this...please evaluate

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I'm new at this...please evaluate

Postby IvanX » Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:30 pm

Well, this is my first time ever, so I did the best I could. I think I did not bad but there are some weak areas. It's Yahoo head-to-head, 10 teams, scoring on R, HR, RBI, SB, K, GIDP, OBP, SLG, W, L, SV, HR, K, ERA, WHIP. As a lifelong Angels fan, I stacked my team heavily with their players since I want to root for both teams at once (and for that reason I want to trade my two Oakland players as well) -- maybe I'll branch out a bit as the season goes on. Here's my lineup:

OF Vlad Guerrero (LAA)
OF Garret Anderson (LAA)
OF Hideki Matsui (NYY)
1B Justin Morneau (MIN)
2B Jerry Hairston Jr (CHC) - 2B/OF
SS Chone Figgins (LAA) - 2B/3B/SS/OF
3B Aaron Boone (CLE)
C Bengie Molina (LAA)
UTIL Jose Guillen (WAS) - OF
BENCH Paul Lo Duca (FLA) - C/OF
BENCH D'Angelo Jimenez (CIN) - 2B

SP Josh Beckett (FLA)
SP Kelvim Escobar (LAA)
SP Roger Clemens (HOU)
RP Scot Shields (LAA)
RP Brendan Donnelly (LAA)
P Jaret Wright (NYY)
P Barry Zito (OAK)
P John Lackey (LAA)
P Dan Haren (OAK) - SP/RP
BENCH Heath Bell (NYM) - RP

What can I look forward to? I'm having a good time so far, and the season hasn't even started...

Thanks,
Ivan.
IvanX Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby geozero » Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:22 pm

depends on what you want to get out of this...if you just want to have a good time while rooting for the angels this team'll do. however if you want to win the whole league i highly doubt you can do it with so many guys from one team. ive seen others try and it never works. while i cant fault you for vlad or even garrett (who is risky due to bad knees), i doubt molina will help. i especially disagree with having middle relief guys on fantasy team (donnelly, shields, lackey). i know shields may get you an occassional win perhaps, unless you have someone like last years Krod who gets k's and helps your era and whip i woulnt have more than 1 middle relief guys. as of right now you have 0 guys that can get you saves, so obviousely youll lost that everytime. so yeah if want to have any hopes of doing well id stop being so attached to the home team. id really only keep vlad, figgins, and then maybe garrett and molina. all the other angels can go...if they do start to do well you can probably pick them up again at some point
geozero
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby IvanX » Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:56 pm

Thanks for your insightful answer -- makes sense what you're saying about middle relievers, and that's not a detail I thought about while drafting. There's clearly more to learn...

And yes, also makes sense what you're saying that it's hard to win with so many from one team -- but I think at least for now it's probably enough to enjoy and have a good time. We'll see how I think as the season plays out...

Ivan.
IvanX Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby FFBMASTA » Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:00 am

I would start LoDuca and Jimenez.. Jimenez stinks, but at least he is the starter unlike Hairston. Also I agree with the other comments about all the Angels and the middle relievers.
FFBMASTA
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team