Worst picks you have seen in your draft.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Worst picks you have seen in your draft....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:31 am

4Pack wrote:In one of my leagues...a manager drafted all Braves for his roster. Then with his 2nd to last pick he grabbed Austin Kearns! WTF?

Of course he dropped him the next day! LOL


Not really fond of drafting all Braves but what is wrong with taking a chance on Kearns at the end of the draft??
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby studplaya1114 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:40 am

Lofunzo wrote:
4Pack wrote:In one of my leagues...a manager drafted all Braves for his roster. Then with his 2nd to last pick he grabbed Austin Kearns! WTF?

Of course he dropped him the next day! LOL


Not really fond of drafting all Braves but what is wrong with taking a chance on Kearns at the end of the draft??

I think he found it weird that the manager broke his Braves trend by drafting Kearns
studplaya1114
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 257
Joined: 7 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: san francisco and hongkong

Postby 4Pack » Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:03 am

studplaya1114 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
4Pack wrote:In one of my leagues...a manager drafted all Braves for his roster. Then with his 2nd to last pick he grabbed Austin Kearns! WTF?

Of course he dropped him the next day! LOL


Not really fond of drafting all Braves but what is wrong with taking a chance on Kearns at the end of the draft??

I think he found it weird that the manager broke his Braves trend by drafting Kearns


That is exactly what I meant. Just out of the blue...he grabbed a Cincinnatti Red. Kind of pissed me off actually.....he was my next selection! LOL!
4Pack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 828
Joined: 14 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Wisconsin

Postby mrider » Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:42 am

Forgot Pokey Reese 1st round in one of three drafts.
Image
mrider
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2562
Joined: 1 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Rogers Centre

Postby BritSox » Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:14 am

mrider wrote:Forgot Pokey Reese 1st round in one of three drafts.


I think we have our winner. :-D
Image
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5223
Joined: 5 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Postby Kingctb27 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:30 am

Well, I saw some guy take Bagwell #1 overall last year.... ;-7
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion
Posts: 7189
Joined: 11 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Golfing

Postby Knights » Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:17 pm

Mariano Rivera #1 OVERALL
Knights
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1005
(Past Year: 28)
Joined: 14 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby krysoul » Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:18 pm

pick 7: michael young
krysoul
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 28
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 22 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stevethumb » Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:26 pm

13 team NL only second year of 3 yr cycle so approx only 1/2 the players were available but mmulder went for $31 !!..didn't think much of russ ortiz at $18 either
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 4041
Joined: 2 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: cloud 9

Postby stomperrob » Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:28 pm

AKhomebrewer wrote:
stomperrob wrote:In one of my leagues, an owner took closers with his first 5 picks!!!


His next move will be shilling like a used-car salesman on late-night local TV.).


Lol, exactly - he's gonna be stuck trying to trade for guys he should have been drafting in the first place!
Image
Still holds the MLB record for Grand Slams with 23
stomperrob
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Football ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 1209
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The House That Gehrig Built

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact