What 2 pitchers would you keep? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What 2 pitchers would you keep?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What 2 pitchers would you keep?

Postby yaz8 » Fri Dec 20, 2002 10:07 am

I am in a league that has a $260 draft limit. I have 3 pitchers on my roster which I can keep only 2 for the 2003 season. Which 2 pitchers would you kep and why? Here are the pitchers and their values.

Josh Beckett $10
Woody Williams $11
Russ Ortiz $14

Thanks
yaz8
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Fri Dec 20, 2002 10:24 am

I'd keep Ortiz and Beckett. Ortiz has nasty stuff, and going to the Braves won't hurt. If anything, working with a new coaching staff might bring him closer to his full potential.

Beckett is a risk - a very large risk, in fact - but his ceiling is as high as any pitcher not named Randy currently playing in the majors. If you don't like taking risks with your keepers, drop him, but I think the possible reward justifies taking a chance.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jay » Fri Dec 20, 2002 9:57 pm

how long can you keep these guys? The longer the better (and I mean much better) for burkett. He's the former best prospect in baseball and hasn't shown anything to say he's unworthy. as for teh 2003 season, here's my list:
1. Russ Ortiz
2. Josh Beckett
3. Woody Williams
So, I agree. Beckett is a no brainer if you can keep him for a ong period of time.
Zack Greinke...the next Greg Maddux. LOOK IT UP!
For what it's worth.
jay
College Coach
College Coach

Postby HOOTIE » Wed Jan 01, 2003 3:19 am

I would keep Beckett and Ortiz. But i must say, going to Braves imo, will hurt Ortiz. Hes leaving the best pitchers park in bb, where he posted a 3/12 home/road hr split. Plus his so rate is decreasing. Shandler thinks a 4 era is in order.
HOOTIE

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Return to Baseball Leftovers