Jays 25-man roster - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Toronto Blue Jays

Jays 25-man roster

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:22 pm

ensanimal wrote:gross will be sent down when lilly is back...but hadn't heard these rumors before....

from rotoworld:
Latest News Apr. 6, 2005 - 3:37 pm et

The Braves are showing interest in acquiring Gabe Gross from the Blue Jays, according to the Toronto Sun.
Kyle Davies shouldn't be available, but the Jays might part with Gross for Brian McCann or Jake Stevens and a second pitching prospect. Gross is probably going to be sent back to Triple-A when Ted Lilly returns Sunday.
Source: Toronto Sun

Thanks ens, I hadn't heard of that before.

I just checked these guys out. McCann is a very light hitting catcher who played single A last year.

Stevens is a 19 yr old SP who had a 9-5 2.27 ERA last year in single A.

I should think that Gross would be worth more than these kids.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ensanimal » Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:38 pm

McCann is a good prospect, but it seems not for his hitting, but for his defense.

he is in AA this year...

Brian Snitker, AA team manager:
" ... Last but hardly least on this defensive checklist is catcher Brian McCann, 6-3, 210, the Carolina League's best defensive catcher who threw out 30 percent of would-be base stealers in 2004. "I've been impressed with his catching and throwing," said Snitker, a catcher in his playing days. "He's a big kid, strong and durable. "He still needs work; they all do. There aren't any finished products here." (Jackson Clarion-Ledger)

he is also ranked 61st, on the consesus top 100 prospect list

stevens is their top lefty...

Michael McHenry:
" ... Jake Stevens ... Stevens is the top LHP in the system with great numbers across the board. It took him a couple of appearances to get used to the starter tandem in Rome (as it does for many, I bet), but his overall numbers are dominant anyway. Now he'll be at Myrtle Beach with no tandem and a lot of wind blowing in."

stevens is ranked 71st on the same list.

the list: http://www.attheplate.com/2005/05_rookied.htm
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 111)

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:49 pm

I'm sure that they're great prospects but one out of every two great prospects like this don't make it to the Bigs. Gross is Big League ready now.

I don't want us to be trading away our developed players for single A prospects like the Expos did for years. Let's either keep Gross and find a spot for him or keep him and trade him for another major leaguer. Hopefully we'll still be in it at the trading deadline and we can trade Gross and take on the salary of a soon-to-be free agent. We have the budget, let's use it.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby ensanimal » Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:53 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:I'm sure that they're great prospects but one out of every two great prospects like this don't make it to the Bigs. Gross is Big League ready now.

I don't want us to be trading away our developed players for single A prospects like the Expos did for years. Let's either keep Gross and find a spot for him or keep him and trade him for another major leaguer. Hopefully we'll still be in it at the trading deadline and we can trade Gross and take on the salary of a soon-to-be free agent. We have the budget, let's use it.

agree completely.

have you guys heard when they would start using the extra budget money? :-? while in toronto at easter, i was listening to 590AM, and the guy said it didn't look like they would spend anything untill the off season, not making any deadline deals. i guess that woud change if they are somehow still in the playoff picture though.
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 111)

Postby Rance Mulliniks » Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:22 am

Just a suggestion - This thread was useful at the start of the year, especially when the final battles for roster spots were going on in ST, but is now outdated. I'd say either remove the sticky, or provide an updated 25-man (or 40-man) roster and leave it stickied.

I believe that as of today, the 25 man roster looks like this:

C: Zaun, Huckaby
1B: Hinske
2B: Hudson
SS: Adams, McDonald
3B: Hill, Menechino
DH: Hillenbrand
LF: Catalanotto, Johnson
CF: Wells
RF: Rios

SP: Halladay, Chacin, Towers, Lilly, Gaudin
RP: Batista, Frasor, Speier, Schoeneweis, Chulk, Walker, Downs

DL: Koskie
Mulliniks Watch: Still stuck on 1325 games 3569 AB 445 R 972 H 73 HR 435 RBI 0.272 AVG 15 SB
Rance Mulliniks
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:02 pm

good idea rance. ;-D

let's try to keep it update. :-)
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)

Previous

Return to Toronto Blue Jays