I Need Help with My Team - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

I Need Help with My Team

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I Need Help with My Team

Postby RC 03 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:38 pm

Here's my team so far. This is my first team so I am not sure if it is good or not. Please let me know what you think and who to trade, drop, bench, etc.

C M. Piazza
1B T. Haftner
2B L. Castillo
3B A. Beltre
SS J. Rollins
OF T. Hunter
OF B. Wilkerson
OF L. Walker
Util N. Garciaparra
BN F. Thomas
BN G. Jenkins

SP R. Johnson
SP R. Harden
RP Fr. Rodriguez
RP J. Nathan
P B. Radke
P T. Worrell
P S. Linebrink
BN R. Wolf
BN K. Rogers
BN U. Urbina

Thanks.
RC 03
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby twalch4 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:12 pm

You definitely have something with Beltre and Rollins. Garciaparra is a great backup to Rollins. Catchers are a tricky position to take care of, Piazza is a good catcher, once a great catcher, he'll do ok as long as he stays healthy.

I used to dislike Wilkerson, now i think he might become a sleeper. New team name, new stadium, he now plays in the states rather than in Canada, this all might effect him.

Changes also might have effected Geoff Jenkins, becuase now he's not competing with Podsednik.

For pitching, I love Randy Johnson. With a powerful team behind him, he'll dominate. You have no closing problem, they're good. Otherwise, the starting pitching core you have is ok.

Check also if Urbina's mom is now safe and home (remember that she got kidnapped), otherwise his mind will be on that and not pitching.

Be sure to check my team please. Thanks!
Tom Walch
thomas.walch@gmail.com

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=178084
twalch4
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RC 03 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:18 pm

I appreciate it. Also, I heard that Urbina's mom was rescued a few weeks back, if I remember correctly.
RC 03
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Esen » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:26 pm

upgrade 2nb and one of your of's and you will have a decent middle of the pac team.

I dont see a league winning team. for that you will need to get creative.

Let me put it this way.
You said this your first team ever correct?

Well one thing some people do not realize is that managing and drafting a fantasy team takes some exp and skill at least in my experience.

It took me a good 2 or 3 years befoer I really started getting good (drafting in multiple sports).

So don t expect an instant 1st place team. use this year to really learn the in and outs of the league. stay extremly active even if you are in last place. (I do not think your tea will be in last place btw, you have a good team)

ANyhow use this team to learn and you will have fun and do great.
~Erik
Esen
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 6)

Postby AI8818 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:29 pm

You definitely have something with Beltre and Rollins. Garciaparra is a great backup to Rollins. Catchers are a tricky position to take care of, Piazza is a good catcher, once a great catcher, he'll do ok as long as he stays healthy.

I used to dislike Wilkerson, now i think he might become a sleeper. New team name, new stadium, he now plays in the states rather than in Canada, this all might effect him.

Changes also might have effected Geoff Jenkins, becuase now he's not competing with Podsednik.

For pitching, I love Randy Johnson. With a powerful team behind him, he'll dominate. You have no closing problem, they're good. Otherwise, the starting pitching core you have is ok.

Check also if Urbina's mom is now safe and home (remember that she got kidnapped), otherwise his mind will be on that and not pitching.

-That pretty much sums it up! ;-D ;-D
AI8818
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Wildcatodd » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:34 pm

Not bad for your first go around. You do have a few big injury risks. I believe Thomas is starting the year on the DL. Walker has only had 500 AB twice since 1992. And if Piazza is catching in NY then he probably won't get more than 300-350 at bats because he'll get hurt. I like Hafner and Wilkerson and you have a great pair of shortstops. I'd trade Rollins now for some big OF or SP help or I'd wait to see if Nomar gets off to a great start and then trade him. As for pitching, Wolf is another injury risk and I'd dump Kenny Rogers. He had a horrible second half last year and he was never that good to begin with.

How many teams in your league? Who is still on the waiver wire for OF and pitching?
Wildcatodd
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RC 03 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:35 pm

I appreciate the advice guys. Also, I'm not expecting to win this year. I've played a little fantasy football and decided I'd give baseball a try.

I was planning on trying to get rid of or move Thomas and Rogers along with considering a few others. Also, there are 12 teams in my league.
RC 03
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

i like ur team

Postby vsolly » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:45 pm

i like ur pitching staff a lot..need somw help in the outfield...i think genkins will have a good year
vsolly
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team