A couple of questions..... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

A couple of questions.....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

A couple of questions.....

Postby lbbaseball14 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:27 pm

Any news on Wily Tavares and if he's starting??? Also, any news about Bottalico closing in Milwaukee? I heard on here that Yost still hasnt named a closer and may be leaning towards him?
*Thanks to Super Manny*
lbbaseball14
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby agchris02 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:35 pm

"Mike Adams bounced back from a poor outing Sunday to pitch a scoreless ninth today against the Cubs.
He gave up two hits and struck out two. Adams hasn't locked up the closer's job, but he remains the favorite. He's clearly outpitched Ricky Bottalico. Derrick Turnbow has looked like Milwakee's best reliever at times, but he's not ready to close."

Everything Ive read continually points to adams closing, i dont know why theyd take a 9 yr older pitcher over him

as to the stros:

'Willy Taveras went 2-for-4 with a double and stole his 10th base of the spring today.
Taveras, batting .327, is the favorite to open the season as the Astros' starting center fielder. He'll probably bat eighth, though a move to the top of the lineup can't be ruled out. In a best-case scenario, he could stay in center all season long and steal 40 bases. It's more likely that he'll be sent back to the minors after Lance Berkman returns, but his upside makes him worth gambling on in NL-only leagues."

they have issues with him and burke, and if you need an OF for a couple weeks, hes a decent option, but i would not want him once berkman comes back, between lane, scott, taveras, and burke and biggio, the stros situation is a mess
Jackalope
agchris02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers