3 more days is too long!!!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

3 more days is too long!!!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

3 more days is too long!!!!!

Postby TheMeXiKaN » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:40 pm

Am I the only one going mad with anticiption for the start of the 2005 season? This is only my second year in fantasy and its already transformed me from your average Met fan to a Baseball super-fan! cant wait . . . .

O, I suppose that the 300$ I stand to win in my money League might have something to do with it. B-)
- - - - - - - - - There Is No Spoon - - - - - - - - -
TheMeXiKaN
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheMeXiKaN » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:01 pm

What, I'm the only one whos caught the fever?
TheMeXiKaN
College Coach
College Coach

Postby RugbyD » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:04 pm

start drinking, it goes faster.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 4)

Postby TheMeXiKaN » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:10 pm

I guess istening to sports radio and browsing the cafe will have to hold me over until sunday. :-°
TheMeXiKaN
College Coach
College Coach

Postby donny23 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:21 pm

I'm going to the game Sunday, so it can't come fast enough for me.
donny23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby AcidRock23 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:47 pm

It's odd, as I am in Champaign, IL, site of college hoops inebriation right now, and am kind of 'well, hmmm...' about hoops as whatever happens will happen but am chomping at the bit for baseball to kick off. Hopefully there won't be too many night games on Tuesday though...as I would have to run up the stairs to keep track of my teams!

I have been whetting my appetite by fiendishly reading baseball books, October 1964, The Bill James HOF book The Politics of Glory (which I saw in the bookstore w/ a different title...) and Talkin' Baseball an Oral History of Baseball in during the 70s last week on vacation. Right now I am about 2/3 of the way through Spirit of St. Louis, a History of the Browns and Cards. Very interesting stuff. The Bill James book is worth reading, to explore ways of comparing guys over time with an eye towards filtering a lot of the PR that ends up marketed as journalism in the 'industry'. The St. Louis book is a very good read.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby ja515y » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:43 pm

I can't friggin wait. I've been doing fantasy baseball for a few years now, and it gets more interesting every year. Especially this time since there hasn't been hockey. the break between football and baseball has been grueling. I tried fantasy basketball last year, but it sucked. Baseball is just the perfect sport for fantasy because it is such a statistically driven sport. Anyway, yeah, can't wait for sunday
ja515y
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby agchris02 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:23 pm

I know the feeling, I cant wait either, i find myself joining more leagues and doing more drafts to bide my time...(as a matter of fact, have one starting in seven minutes :) )
Jackalope
agchris02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TheMeXiKaN » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:52 pm

AcidRock23 wrote:It's odd, as I am in Champaign, IL, site of college hoops inebriation right now, and am kind of 'well, hmmm...' about hoops as whatever happens will happen but am chomping at the bit for baseball to kick off. Hopefully there won't be too many night games on Tuesday though...as I would have to run up the stairs to keep track of my teams!

I have been whetting my appetite by fiendishly reading baseball books, October 1964, The Bill James HOF book The Politics of Glory (which I saw in the bookstore w/ a different title...) and Talkin' Baseball an Oral History of Baseball in during the 70s last week on vacation. Right now I am about 2/3 of the way through Spirit of St. Louis, a History of the Browns and Cards. Very interesting stuff. The Bill James book is worth reading, to explore ways of comparing guys over time with an eye towards filtering a lot of the PR that ends up marketed as journalism in the 'industry'. The St. Louis book is a very good read.

Heh, I've been reading a baseball book too. It's called "Those Damn Yankees". Good book lots of historical goodies, lots of dirt about the Yankees :-D
TheMeXiKaN
College Coach
College Coach

Postby WharfRat » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:27 pm

AcidRock23 wrote:It's odd, as I am in Champaign, IL, site of college hoops inebriation right now, and am kind of 'well, hmmm...' about hoops as whatever happens will happen but am chomping at the bit for baseball to kick off. Hopefully there won't be too many night games on Tuesday though...as I would have to run up the stairs to keep track of my teams!

I just finished October 64 not too long ago - absolutely terrific. You should also check out Summer of '49 or the Teammates (or really any other book by D. Halberstam...although most aren't about baseball...)
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers