luis castillo vs marlon anderson - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

luis castillo vs marlon anderson

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

luis castillo vs marlon anderson

Postby sinicalypse » Thu May 08, 2003 8:47 pm

alright, just wondering your take on these two second basemen. obviously, luis castillo has more of a pedigree.. he's stolen 50 bases, he's hit .330... but we all know he doesnt have much power and rbi potential. he's off to a modest start thus far (.300/1/7/7 steals)..

on the other end, marlon anderson is available and looks to be pretty good. he looks like he's off to a career year in rbis down there in tampa (23 thus far), he's matched castillo in steals, and his average is a slightly lower .290ish number.

i've got castillo in all three leagues, mainly because i wanted a .320 bat with 40+ steal potential in all three of my lineups. castillo looks like he might putz into 35 steals this season, but hasn't really tore it up, with the exception of one 3 steal game. as for marlon, i've taken him in one league for depth at the stolen base position, and he's available in at least one other.

now i'm not necessarily asking if i should clean house of luis castillo and find new options, but what do you guys think about the staying power of marlon anderson? if castillo's going to hit something like .300/7/40 with 35 steals... well, wouldn't a guy who could hit .290/10/75 with 30 steals be more valuable? i dont think marlon's going to hit 25 home runs, steal 50, or even drive in 100. but he's seemingly more of a threat to drive in 50+... but i dont think he's ever stolen more than 13 or 15 bases in a single season.

so what do you guys think of marlon anderson and luis castillo? who do you think has a good chance to be a better fantasy player as the days roll on?

holla.
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers