Feliz or Cabrera - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Feliz or Cabrera

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Feliz or Cabrera

Postby CowabugnaDude » Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:34 am

Who would you rather have as your SS this year?
CowabugnaDude
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby so0perspam » Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:38 am

O-Cab because of the SB.
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby CowabugnaDude » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:30 pm

where's Cabrera going to bat?
CowabugnaDude
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BritSox » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:31 pm

O-Cab, don't think it's that close.
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Postby cmchampa2 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:25 pm

It's real close if your league counts defensive stats, as Felix won't make as many errors playing in the OF.
I'm not just the president of the Cornbread Maxwell Fan Club, I'm also the only member.
cmchampa2
College Coach
College Coach

Postby agchris02 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:28 pm

cabrera, and even counting errors its not real close, youre talking about probably the top 2nd tier, bottom 1st tier SS and one whos just avg....at best
Jackalope
agchris02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Shamsky69 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:51 pm

agchris02 wrote:cabrera, and even counting errors its not real close, youre talking about probably the top 2nd tier, bottom 1st tier SS and one whos just avg....at best

uh, really? OCab makes the bottom of your first tier? I think it could be argued that OCab might not even be starter-worthy in a 10-teamer. You probably didn't have him on your team last year before he got traded, right? He's really pretty average. It's been discussed many times. Factor in that he's gonna be batting way back in the Anaheim order and I think I'd rather take Feliz. Does anyone really believe he'll bat above .275? or score more than 75 runs? or steal more than 17 bags? Honestly, I'd rather gamble on Berroa at that point.

Now, with Feliz there's a little more action. C'mon, you like to gamble, right? If you're weighing the merits of OCab/Feliz you're probably already in a position where you need to get lucky anyway. I've mentioned this before - what's not to like about Feliz? He's got legitimate power, apparently lots of support from his team, and his career appears to be on the upswing. I hate to say it, but he's also KILLING the ball in ST. Listen - the man is going to be batting 5th on a contender (with or without Bonds, the Giants are dangerous - is there a weaker division than the NL West?) What's not to like? Feliz could easily go .275 27 90 80. He might even steal 10 bases. For me that spells Nomar-lite.

OCab is a wash in a 10-teamer, even a stretch in a 12-teamer with guys like Matsui still qualifying at SS. You know what you're gonna get with OCab. If I had him and Feliz was available, I'd jump. Why not gamble. Honestly, I don't even think it's much of one...
Shamsky69
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby logan » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:38 pm

yes and feliz could also be back to platooning for time a month and a half into the season. at the most hes on borrowed time till bonds comes back. dont get me wrong i think feliz has very good upside at least you know cabrera will be the starter all season (barring injury) and will swipe some bags and go for decent(nothing spectacular) power.
logan
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sp_Da_Man » Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:03 pm

I think Feliz is the easy choice.

I'll take the guy that has 25 HR's, 80 RBI's and a few SB's over a guy that MIGHT hit half the HR's Feliz does. Sure the extra 10 SB's are nice but give me the power.
Sp_Da_Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers