Max. games played ? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Max. games played ?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Max. games played ?

Postby creepingdeath » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:44 am

Hello everyone! I am in a 16 team Yahoo Rotisserie league. The categories are R, HR, RBI's, SB's, K's, Avg. -- W, L, SV, ERA, WHIP. and K's. The slots we have are C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, CI, MI, 3-OF, Util. -- 3SP, 2RP, 3P, a total of 4 bench spots and one DL. This will be my 4th year in the league with these guys and we have always set the max. games played to 162. We drafted just over a week ago and I just realized (today) that the commissioner switched the Max. games played on offense from 162 games (per position), from last year, to 156 without making a post (informing the league) about the change. I just assumed since nothing was mentioned that the settings would be the same. This starts all of our players out at +6. With my final 3 pics, I took the best overall available players, all of which are OF's, to store on my bench. Now, I have to switch at least one of them out for a CI or MI, and there isnt poop out there, because of this situation. I looked at the schedule and was planning on keeping all 3, barring injury, until I could naturally decide who to drop. Does anyone think the commissioner should have posted something to inform the league before the draft? I am sure there are a lot of teams in the league that still prob. dont know about this because I just stumbled across it. I have not made up my mind if I even like the idea of lowering the max. games played yet. I emailed the commish and havent heard back from him yet. I think the league was perfect the way it was, and if it aint broke, dont fix it. Could someone explain to me the implications this could have on my bench players and what I might do strategically different? Does anyone think this is a good idea? The league is tough enough as it is with all the teams and the extra CI, and MI slots. Also please note that I have 2 players from last season that played in all 162 games. The max. innings pitched is set at 1300, same as last year, and I dont have a prob. with that. Anyones thoughts on this would be appreciated.
creepingdeath
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby agchris02 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:47 am

In a pts league you have to have max games played, and it makes sense in a roto league -i have NO CLUE why he reduced the number of games to less than was in the season, and I DESPISE COMMSIONERS WHICH ACT WITH UNILATERAL AUTHORITY, yes he should have announced it -- he should have put it to a vote before hand, Id ream him on the message board and tell him to get it back to 162
Jackalope
agchris02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby sportsgalore » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:14 am

that was quite an eyeful. yeah it sucks that he didn't post a message regarding the change especially since its repeat players. he should have at least posted or sent an email around...you can ask him why he did it...as far as strategy, basically if there are guys here and there who take a day off, there's no need to sweat it or try to make it up - it does suck, however, when you are in the last week and in a tight race and you dont get a few of your players because they are maxed out at 156 - i personally dont like the change, 162 games in a season so 162 max. per position seems right. ask the commish why he changed it, but do so nicely, as being accusatory right off the bat will not lead to good results...is there money involved in the league?
sportsgalore
College Coach
College Coach

Postby creepingdeath » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:47 am

Yes, money is involved. $20.00 per team.
creepingdeath
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ukrneal » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:10 am

In a league that, there shouldn't be such a unilateral decision post-draft (or even pre-draft, but at least you can draft accordingly). I would make a public announcement on the boards asking him to put it back as it was not agreed upon and taken unilaterally. I'd be persistant too, but not rude. It's possible it was a mistake.
ukrneal
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers