The Big O strategy...12 team H2H - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

The Big O strategy...12 team H2H

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

The Big O strategy...12 team H2H

Postby SoxFanPJ » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:44 am

Curious to see what everyone thinks of my squad, I came in second in this league last season and hope to make it all the way this year.

I Loaded up on Offense.

12 Team H2H 6x6(Avg, HR, RBI, SB, R,K and W, L, Ks, Sv, Whip, ERA)

7 Players Kept from last season.

C- M. Piazza NYM - C,1B
1B- M. Teixeira Tex - 1B (keeper)
2B- J. Reyes NYM - 2B,SS
SS- R. Furcal Atl - SS
3B- Á. Rodríguez NYY - 3B (keeper)
OF- G. Sheffield NYY - OF (keeper)
OF- A. Huff TB - 1B,3B,OF (Keeper)
OF- C. Patterson ChC - OF
UTIL- C. Delgado Fla - 1B (keeper)

BENCH- A. Rowand CWS - OF, J. Uribe CWS - 2B,3B,SS, L. Overbay Mil - 1B, A. Kearns Cin - OF

SP- R. Johnson NYY - SP (keeper)
SP- P. Martinez NYM - SP (keeper)
RP- J. Nathan Min - RP
RP- O. Dotel Oak -RP
P- C. Cordero Was - RP
P- B. Webb Arz - SP
P- D. Willis Fla - SP
Bench- K. Millwood Cle - SP, C. Lee Cle -SP

DL- T. Armas Jr. Was-SP

I loaded up on offense in the draft as I felt pitching was being drafted too high. I also wanted to build offensive depth to deal from.

I think I got a nice balance of power/speed on offense, my only real concern is RBI, as I have a number of top of the order hitters. I think I should be near the top of the league in R, and SB, and very solid in HR, avg. and batter K's.

My pitching strategy is pretty simple, I went for guys with high strikeout totals, and a couple guys who I expect to have rebound years, Webb, Millwood, Willis.

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mikemcj55 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:08 am

Thanks for helping me out.

Your offense is STACKED. My only concern with it is that it might be TOO good. There's a lot of value there, and you need to get another 15-20 sp for your team. The drop off from Pedro to Brandon Webb is obviously huge and Dontrelle Willis and his complete lack of consistency or predictability is the bane of my fb existence.
I love your closers, and you're all set for speed. I would honestly go for an underrated ERA guy, as you're doing awesome in k's with pedro and RJ. Look to Radke, Buerhle, Odalis, or if you are willing to give up more, Hudson or Smoltz.

Good team
mikemcj55
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby MushuCrew » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:48 pm

Thanks for responding to my post. I agree your offense is STACKED! I wouldn't worry much about RBIs as you do have Tex,ARod,Sheff,Huff,Delgado, and Rowand who should all be fine run producers this year for you. The backend of your rotation is a little weak. I would actually think about packaging Furcal for an upgrade in SP if possible, maybe include Millwood or Lee after a good start or 2. Perhaps even trade Patterson for an upgrade at SP since Rowand is a better play fantasy wise.
MushuCrew
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team